Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What’s all this rain and water going to do to the duck hunting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What’s all this rain and water going to do to the duck hunting?

All the central flyway tanks down here are full. Some bays are going to back wash. What’s the outlook now for ducks?

They’re going to have plenty of food and water which will give them lots of places to stay away from hunters.

Comment

I was so excited about the drought. All of my best years are when my spots are the only ones with water.

Lots of ducks this year on early reports. But now they have 10x as many options where to land. More rain should make small bodies of water more productive, tanks, ditches, sloughs, etc.

I'm in Waco area if it matters.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

It will spread them out

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
          It will spread them out
          X2

Comment

At least there are supposed to be a bunch of ducks this year and things are “timing” up good. Thanks for reply’s.

Comment

Ducks errywhere

Comment

They will be spread out but I think they will stay longer. Also I think they will get pushed out of Kansas and Oklahoma sooner.

Comment

Originally posted by jnd1959 View Post
                  They will be spread out but I think they will stay longer. Also I think they will get pushed out of Kansas and Oklahoma sooner.
                  We had lots of rain in nw oklahoma which will keep more there, they haven't hung around in yrs since no water to speak of. Will also have some of my spots deeper and less likely to freeze solid which sends them packing....

Comment

Saw some specks fly over tonight in McKinney, I thought that was pretty strange

Comment

I’ve seen specks, snows, and cranes here in Victoria

Comment

Duck counts are down this year.

Sadly, we still have a ton of crop in the fields over here that isn’t going to get cut due to weather. We’ve had some rain but if we even have average rain from here on out, there’s going to be more duck food in Arkansas than there has been in many years. Should hold a lot of ducks. I feel like we haven’t held as many the last few seasons due to poor conditions and have noticed reports of more success in the surrounding areas.

Comment

I don't know about the current situation, but when I was a kid, I've never seen so many ducks as I did the winter after Hurricane Beulah went through. This was a few miles from the coast, east of Lyford in Willacy County.

Comment

In my area it will mean a lot of ducks, but lack of pressure and abundant water means they will scoot to the next playa with no hunters. But some playas will always be preferred and there should be plenty of water so as not to overhunt the puddles.

Moral of the story find the ducks and get them on the 1st pass

Comment

This is Texas. Still plenty of time for a drought before the duck opener.

Comment

Working...
                              X