No announcement yet.

Which Credit Card does TBH suggest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am using Capital One Quicksilver for the cash rewards which I always just put back towards the bill. Once we are done with the mortgage process and into our home, I may switch to Chase Freedom as I am hearing really good things. Like everybody else, never carry a balance and take the the rewards.

We buy our groceries, house hold needs at Target and use their Red Card (debit version) and get 5% discount each time.

Comment

I use the Citi America Airlines card. No interest since we pay it off every month and tons of miles. Haven't paid for a flight in years. Also comes with free baggage check and priority boarding.

Looking at that Chase card pretty hard, sounds like a good program.

BTW - You guys with no cards, why even chime in? OP is asking for recommendations not credit advice.
      Last edited by Budman68; 02-24-2014, 01:00 PM.

Comment

None!!!

Comment

Absolutely none of them unless you are just doing it to establish your credit. If that is the case make small purchases or only what you can afford to pay off each month. I personally only have one with a $500 limit just for emergencies. They WILL get you in a bind quick if you aren't careful. Just ask around. If I was to get another one I'd get a cabelas card.

Comment

I am getting a kick out of the peanut gallery saying none.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckwheat View Post
              Cannt help ya here. Never had one an don't plan on it anytime soon. I'm 32 and if I cannt pay cash I don't need it.

Now with that said. I thought about it to buy gas with and pay off every months two build up my credit.
              I buy so much gas associated with work, I almost have to use a credit card or be a walking bank. I use the Visa from Cabelas, pay it every month , and collect the points for use on hunting gear.

Comment

Originally posted by dirtymullet View Post
                lonestar
                lmao!

Comment

Originally posted by doubleplay43 View Post
                  Yep, they are paying highier interest rates on homes and cars because they are considered high risk... It's bad advise in my opinion. I don't think anyone on here is recommending a card so the OP can get in debt over his head. Jeez...

Comment

I love my credit cards. I carry a Chase Freedom personal card and a Chase Ink for business. No fee period, 1%, 2%, 5% cash back categories. I pay mine once or twice a month and never carry a balance or pay a dime in interest. I use the ink for fleet gas and miscellaneous purchases plus big internet purchases and all my guys have one. My credit cards make me 3-4 thousand in tax free money every year. Just bought my airline ticket (you can use any airline) for my Bahamas fishing trip last week with free money.

Comment

Originally posted by cosmiccowboy View Post
                      I love my credit cards. I carry a Chase Freedom personal card and a Chase Ink for business. No fee period, 1%, 2%, 5% cash back categories. I pay mine once or twice a month and never carry a balance or pay a dime in interest. I use the ink for fleet gas and miscellaneous purchases plus big internet purchases and all my guys have one. My credit cards make me 3-4 thousand in tax free money every year. Just bought my airline ticket (you can use any airline) for my Bahamas fishing trip last week with free money.

And there is the key. If you're gonna own em use em intelligently.

Comment

Originally posted by doubleplay43 View Post
                        Same here. And like CosmicCowboy said, use em for gas and other big purchases for the rewards. Obviously it's a no brainer to pay off the balance in full to avoid any interest but as far as the best card for you, look around and see what would benefit you most. Do you want hotel/flight points, percentages off of gas, basic cash back rewards, etc. I've got a Southwest Airlines Visa that I like but there are better ones. Chase has some good cards as well.

Comment

Could recommend a few but my wife took all of mine away so I guess none of them are any good?..

Comment

Originally posted by Budman68 View Post
                            Yep, they are paying highier interest rates on homes and cars because they are considered high risk... It's bad advise in my opinion. I don't think anyone on here is recommending a card so the OP can get in debt over his head. Jeez...
                            Your sarcasm is comical, but obviously you have never put pencil to paper to realize what you could be leaving on the table in rewards by essentially using a credit card as a debit card and paying in full.

Comment

one you can payoff in FULL every month

Comment

I only have one, Chase Mileage Plus Explorer (United Air Miles) I charge everything to it and I mean everything. Pay it off every month. My personal travel is the tax only for most flights. I try to book all my flights thru United using my card, my 1st check bag is free as well. hardly ever have more bags than that. I have no complaints.

If you don't travel much, then get a cash back card or cabelas points card.

Comment

Working...
                                X