First Focal Plane question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Focal Plane question

Looking at pulling the trigger on a Nightforce, but don't really feel like dumping extra money on the F1 model in the FFP. I understand that it would be worth it if I was shooting tactical stuff or having to make sudden range adjustment, but mostly just going to be longer range shooting so I'll be taking my time. Prolly gonna go with an MOA reticle. Just wanted to see if anyone considers a FFP scope an necessity or if I can easily get by with a Second Focal Plane
    Last edited by kck; 07-19-2013, 02:04 PM.

did you see this ?

Comment

If you're okay with only using the reticle marks at one power, which is usually the maximum power, no problem. If you want to use the reticle marks at all powers, then you have to go FFP. But also know that in some FFP scopes the reticle becomes so small at the lower powers that you won't be able to use the marks.

With Nightforce scopes if you don't like the one you get, the resale will be very good.

LWD

Comment

Bought the NXS 5.5-22 x 56 last year with MOAR reticle. The thing is awesome. No complaints with second focal plane

Comment

Didn't see the prior thread but thanks for putting it up. Think I have a good idea now on what I need.

Comment

Working...
          X