Bring back Squirrel season!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bring back Squirrel season!

I’d like to see TPaW bring back squirrel season. When I was a kid season opened first part of April and we would be there as if it was opening day of deer season. I feel like the open season killed squirrel hunting, for me at least. My cousin and I spoke about this the other day I was just curious to see what others thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is squirrel season. Some counties it never closes.

Comment

Is the month of May not squirrel season anymore where you hunt?

Comment

It's squirrel season year round in Austin Co...reminds me that I need to take the kids up and let them kill a mess of tree rats

Comment

My county has very specific dates for squirrel season.

Comment

wait...you want the state to make your squirrel season shorter?

Comment

OP, what County do you hunt in?

Comment

Huh??? You have a year round squirrel season in Bee County with no limit.

Comment

Got a season in guadalupe county --- runs from Jan 1st thru Dec 31st.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaredlee264 View Post
                    I’d like to see TPaW bring back squirrel season. When I was a kid season opened first part of April and we would be there as if it was opening day of deer season. I feel like the open season killed squirrel hunting, for me at least. My cousin and I spoke about this the other day I was just curious to see what others thought.

So I am guessing you have a year round season on squirrels and you would prefer less of a season so you could feel more excited about the opening day of squirrel season?

Comment

Hummm

Comment

It’s just a rat! You fellas that live on squirrels need to become better deer hunters

Comment

I love to eat them, it’s relaxing walking through the woods with a 30# longbow or a .22 for hours. Then tossing the pile of them down and starting prepping them for the pot. I always shoot mine after the first freeze. But I don’t know why anyone would want a shorter season of anything. I have a couple of diseases where I can’t eat many things from a store or factory. So I have a garden and hunt or catch everything I eat. Squirrel is a nice change of pace.

Comment

Be careful eating those tree rats, see post #110 https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...=680860&page=3

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                              Be careful eating those tree rats, see post #110 https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...=680860&page=3
                              I don't plan on eating their brains

Comment

Working...
                              X