No announcement yet.

Youth and Rodeo's 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This weekend we will be back in Hamilton to kickoff the TJHRA Year. I'm really excited about what this yr will bring. Last yr she missed qualifying for the state finals by 1 point. She ran 4 horses and Lucy was crippled all yr. With Gator and Lucy sound and running we are going to make some noise. They stay sound and keep them up they are gonna be hard to beat. Come a riding girls because Gator and Riley are. CPRA FINALS were coming for you 2019 Finals. Go be great ..Perfect effort

Comment

One thing can’t teach or coach is heart. This morning Riley got yard darted in the poles and hung a stirrup. She got thumped pretty good and landed hard. She got back on , with pain, and placed in the breakaway, goats, and made a smoking run on Lucy to win 2nd. Never discount the heart of Champion!!! She showed me more today and so proud. Best effort every time!!!
      Attached Files

Comment

Riley definitely has the heart of a champion. I think Sarah is going to take the rest of the year off. I hate to see her do that, but not gonna push her.

Comment

20 yrs ago on Labor Day weekend I drew 718 Kings X of Lester’s. He was one rank eliminator dude and could have bucked in the eliminator pen in Vegas. I drew 2x before and he yard darted me like a rag doll both times. When I found out I drew him my first thought was negative. But then I refocused I said F’it if your gonna buck me off tonight it’s gonna be witha spur in your neck. I went after like a caged coin and when the whistle blew I was still there ( then he thumped me lol). I won Borene with 86pts. I tell Riley don’t be scared to be aggressive trying win first. Go after them and be the aggressor!!! Good luck to all kiddos competing this weekend!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	376010FE-7EFB-4624-8A5E-E2718736E0CC.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	24551475

Comment

Well my Abbey is doing great in the clinic. Mr. Hodges has been using Abbey has an example for the certain skills because her and Cowboy are doing everything right today. She absolutely loves this horse

Comment

Cowboy and Abbey looking good this morning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by aggie2000tx View Post
                Well my Abbey is doing great in the clinic. Mr. Hodges has been using Abbey has an example for the certain skills because her and Cowboy are doing everything right today. She absolutely loves this horse
                That’s great!!! Tell Abby to keep working on the details and horsemanship!! Devils in the details and the details will make the difference!!! Go be great and give a perfect effort!!

Comment

I have a set of Barnmaster stalls in the classifieds that surely one of you Rodeo families could use!

Comment

Well looks like Sarah will be out for a while in the fall for sure. Her horse started limping labor day weekend and is still limping. Hopefully he is just sore or bruised. Possible one of our other horses kicked him. Vet wants him on bute for a few more days to see if it will heal up, if not they are going to have to do some xrays and stuff to figure out why he is limping.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
                      Well looks like Sarah will be out for a while in the fall for sure. Her horse started limping labor day weekend and is still limping. Hopefully he is just sore or bruised. Possible one of our other horses kicked him. Vet wants him on bute for a few more days to see if it will heal up, if not they are going to have to do some xrays and stuff to figure out why he is limping.
                      That stinks. Gator is still getting over his abcess as well. Looks like we will be running Lucy again this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                        That stinks. Gator is still getting over his abcess as well. Looks like we will be running Lucy again this weekend.
                        It does, I am just hoping it is nothing major and can be fixed with time off and maybe some meds..........

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
                          Hope it is nothing major. We have a horse colicing right now but think we caught it

Comment

This morning Riley and Lucy ran a 17.077 to finish 3rd. Behind a 17.024 and a 17.047. When you talk about the Devils in the details.. there it is. Riley wasn’t running Gator but Lucy shows up and competes!!

Comment

Riley had a good weekend. Her and Lucy made 2 great Runs. Its hard to convey to her the importance of being consistent vs winning first every time. Don't get me wrong I want to win first but the big thing is to keep making solid runs and keep three barrels up. You will get your wins in between. We are running a Marathon not sprint. 8 more rodeos to go. Congrats to Jordyn Sunday. She made a great run and she is just a super sweet kid and good friend to Riley!!!

Name:	pals.jpg
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	24554232

Name:	tuff.jpg
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	24554233

Comment

keep at it Riley......Well done..........

Comment

Working...
                                X