Reverse flow cabinet smoker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reverse flow cabinet smoker

I know! another smoker build thread! I started the frame a reverse flow insulated cabinet smoker. The frame is 48" high x 36" wide x 24" deep.
    I am toying with some different ideas on the fire box so I don't know what the cook chamber demensions will be yet.

If anyone has suggestions please feel free to offer. This my first smoker build of this type.
    Last edited by coldgas; 06-08-2015, 04:35 AM.

Interested in seeing how this one turns out.

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
      Interested in seeing how this one turns out.
      I am too They are supposed to efficient. 13 lb bag of charcoal should run 10 to 14 hours. I plan on rigging it with a Stoker or DigiQ so it should be pretty much "set it and forget it" when I get the bugs worked out.

Comment

Subscribed

Comment

Great idea

Comment

If anyone is looking for an update here it is: there is nothing like going in the shop, rolling out welding leads, plugging in your grinder and cut off saw, and get in all of your ppe just to find out you left your tape measure in the company pool truck. 10 minutes to get everything ready to go to work and 10 minutes putting everything back up. I need some plate before I can do much more anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by jpowledge View Post
              If anyone is looking for an update here it is: there is nothing like going in the shop, rolling out welding leads, plugging in your grinder and cut off saw, and get in all of your ppe just to find out you left your tape measure in the company pool truck. 10 minutes to get everything ready to go to work and 10 minutes putting everything back up. I need some plate before I can do much more anyway.
              Haha! Nice update. You asked for suggestions, so here's mine... add a wire disk to your side grinder and clean up those joints to bare metal before you weld to make a prettier bead. It'll look less birdpoopish. That's all I've got

Comment

Originally posted by jathomas437 View Post
                Haha! Nice update. You asked for suggestions, so here's mine... add a wire disk to your side grinder and clean up those joints to bare metal before you weld to make a prettier bead. It'll look less birdpoopish. That's all I've got
                Haha! I started the frame at work and just tacked it with a stick welder. I'll take it home this weekend to zip it up with the wire welder so I will have to clean it up or the wire welder won't run well. It will be skinned out with 3/16 plate so the ugly frame welds won't show any way.

Comment

tuned in!

Comment

I ordered all of my steel today to finish it. Everything will be precut and bent to fit so it shouldn't take long to finish. Depends on how fast I can find heat resistant insulation and the rest of my parts.

Comment

I finally got my steel in today just when it's time for me to go back on shift.

I guess it can wait till next week.

Comment

I made a little progress so far today but I am short some iron. Got the stack set and the inside walls of the cook chamber. I should have the inside walls of the fire box finished some time today.

Here is where the cook chamber will be double wall. The I will put another piece of plate on that inside tubing making a 1 inch gap in the wall where the heat and smoke will travel up to reach the cook chamber.

Comment

This is somewhat how it will be designed. I used 1/2 plate between the fire box and cook chamber so hopefully I don't gave to use a water pan.

Comment

Looking good !!!

Comment

I'm still working on it but its,going slow. I haven't made enough progress to take any more pics. Lots of welding that takes time for a novice like myself.

Comment

Working...
                              X