how many dogs in a life time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how many dogs in a life time

31 years old, 6 dogs. My two year old lab now is best dog I've ever been around and my first lab. I wont own another breed moving forward.

Last edited by James; 05-20-2018, 08:06 PM.

Comment

I’m 50 and have had 8. Number 7&8 are current.

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
        31 years old, 6 dogs. My two year old lab now is best dog I've ever been around and my first lab. I wont own another breed moving forward.

I totally agree. I’m 40 now and I’ve had six. My old girl can’t do much except make everyone in my family happy because she’s 12. I’m really not looking forward to “that day” because I know I can’t top this girl. I will never own another breed. She is a joy and one of the finer things in life. Don’t know what I’ll do when she’s not sleeping at my feet while I’m posting on TBH.

Comment

My 5 seems a touch measly

Comment

I have had 14...not counting puppies sold.
            Best dog I ever owned was my stud JR I have now.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20141103_132344.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	24539738

He is the one on the right

Comment

We raised lacys and chihuahuas when I was a kid and not sure of the numbers there. In the 38 years I've been married I have had 1 miniature border collie, 2 pits, 1 fox terrier, a schipperkeye and 2 lacys. The shcipperkeye was the worst. Hard headed and dumb as a rock. The lacy I have now is the best dog I've ever had. She's 12 and when she's gone, I don't think I will have any more dogs.

Comment

lets see from earliest memory
                English sheep dog
                chihuahua
                labrador
                cocker spaniel
                beagle
                labrador
                8 lab pups
                9 lab pups
                half chow half samoyed
                chihuahua
                schipperke
                half chihuahua half pomeranian
                chihuahua
                boxer
                labrador
                boxador( x5)
                boxer
                labrador
                schnoodle given away because the wife was never happy with him
                mini schnauzer( given away because of hurricane harvey
                6 boxadors
                1-mixed breed maybe part Australian shepherd( given away because of harvey)

that makes 46 i can recall,,,,, some were short timers like the schnoodle, most of the pups, the beagle and cocker spaniel
                but i have never seen any dog i liked better or trusted more than the boxador which was stolen from me and the boxer i have now,,, i doubt i will ever own another lab,,,, for me the boxer is a much better all around dog///

and the wife is looking for as mini schnauzer now
                Last edited by xman59; 05-20-2018, 10:38 PM.

Comment

I have no clue at this point. Right now we have 6. 3 dachshunds and 3 catahoulas so I am pretty low on dog flesh. In my younger days I caught quite a few hogs and cows with my dogs. Been raising registered catahoulas since the 80's. The OP said he had had 28 dogs in his life. I can remember having 30 or so at one time.......

-john

Comment

I've owned 7 not counting litters of pups. 3 of them have been great working dogs, the rest were pain in the rear ends.....

Comment

I am 52 and I have had 7...This Chesapeake is by far the Smartest dog I have ever had and its made my wife a Dog Lover.
                      Attached Files

Comment

I’ve had a bunch of dogs in my lifetime. As for being the owner, I’ve had around 9 labradors. They were all very special in their own ways. I’ve had since in a lifetime lab and currently have a second in the making.

This is my current dog and turning out to be special.

Comment

I'm 36, I've had 4 and my current lab Betty is by far the best one ever. Great hunter and family dog. Won't ever own anything but a lab again most likely.
                          [IMG] [/IMG]

Comment

Not enough.

Comment

[QUOTE=droebuck;13386292]I'm 36, I've had 4 and my current lab Betty is by far the best one ever. Great hunter and family dog. Won't ever own anything but a lab again most likely.

that is what i always thought until i got a boxer,,,, i do not hunt mine but the boxer is for us a better family/kid/guard dog,,, they have proven to be easier to train and less destructive,,, and a fearsome foe if the occasion arises

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Pence View Post
                                I am 52 and I have had 7...This Chesapeake is by far the Smartest dog I have ever had and its made my wife a Dog Lover.
                                Where did you buy your chessie? I’ve wanted to buy one for our next dog, but with the addition of our new baby that’s going to have to wait a bit longer.

Comment

Working...
                                X