Best crawfish I ever ate....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
    Sounds like something a yankee would do.
    Ahh....you have much to learn Grasshopper

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
      Ahh....you have much to learn Grasshopper

I don’t need to learn anything more when the word mustard is used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
        Agreed.
        I'm sure they are good, but I like the old school way myself....if you know how to cook em.

I seen a crock pot pulled pork recipe the other day, for those that find the electric sawdust pellet smoker's too challenging
        Haha....I’m sure they are good...but I’ve never tried it?? But I like the old method better.

FIFY

Comment

That’s the water AFTER the boil in CLEAN water. Yes, but it stays in the pot and you put the boiled bugs in the slurry cooler.
          Ya....same way with the old school method. Cook, drain, dump.

Comment

No one is saying crawfish sucked before this method. It's just a better method. I bet Traildust still gets out of his chair to change the channels on his tv. Screw those new remote controlled thingy's

Comment

Mustard, mustard, mustard, mustard, mustard.

Comment

You lost me at mustard.
                Yuuuup

Then why put it in there?

Cajuns rolling over in their graves right now.
                Mustard is distilled vinegar with dry powder seasonings (tumeric, paprika, garlic powder, mustard seed) added. Vinegar has acids which tenderize meat. Lemon juice also has acid and will tenderize meat in the same way. If I'm already adding lemons (juice) and garlic to the slurry or boiling water, IMO there's no need to add mustard.

FYI - A1 steak sauce and Worcestershire Sauce are also made from vinegar with seasoning spices. Won't be long before someone claims their boiled crawfish were the best ever, and they seasoned the water with A1 or WS.

I'm eventually gonna experiment and boil via the steam method. I plan to follow Frog Bone's recipe suggestions yet will improvise using my own crawfish boil seasoning.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                  No one is saying crawfish sucked before this method. It's just a better method. I bet Traildust still gets out of his chair to change the channels on his tv. Screw those new remote controlled thingy's

Bahahaha!! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Agree!!

This is absolutely the only way to do it IF YOU ARE DOING LARGER, MULTIPLE BATCHES for a big group. Everything stays cleaner and the taste is there.

Ain’t nothing wrong with the old method for a single batch cook.....as long as you throw out that nasty water.
                  Comprehension is tough on some folks though [emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Haha....I’m sure they are good...but I’ve never tried it?? But I like the old method better.

FIFY
                    Most folks over-cook them. Bring seasoned pot to boil, dump bugs, as soom as it starts to boil again, kill fire and let set 5 minutes. Drain, cooler, season and eat. It's a freaking crawfish....not a prime rib!

Comment

Most folks over-cook them. Bring seasoned pot to boil, dump bugs, as soom as it starts to boil again, kill fire and let set 5 minutes. Drain, cooler, season and eat. It's a freaking crawfish....not a prime rib!
                      Wrong....you don’t add seasoning to already boiled crawfish my friend. I could spell this out for you but I can’t make you understand it 😂😂

Comment

Agreed on most overcook them. It's ain't that much meat to cook.

Comment

Wrong....you don’t add seasoning to already boiled crawfish my friend. I could spell this out for you but I can’t make you understand it 😂😂

A little seasoning (aka salt) or you could just dump them in a slop pot I guess Folks overthink those little bastages

Comment

Seems like a royal PIA to have that many pots going for one batch of crawfish. If you only had 3 pots and had 3 sacks to boil, it would take ALL DAY.

I'll stick to the old tried and true coonazz method.

Comment

A little seasoning (aka salt) or you could just dump them in a slop pot I guess Folks overthink those little bastages
                              You lost me brother....if you have to add seasoning to your bugs after the boil you’re doing it wrong is all I’m saying.

It’s all good though. Invite me to your next boil and we can sprinkle some Tony Chachere's all over the outside of them before we eat them. Then I’ll invite you to our’s and you can see the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                                Yuuuup I'm eventually gonna experiment and boil via the steam method. I plan to follow Frog Bone's recipe suggestions yet will improvise using my own crawfish boil seasoning.
                                Yep. Wanna try the Frog Bone way of doing things once just to see what I think. It makes sense.

Comment

Working...
                                X