Paloma Pachanga? Anyone been there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paloma Pachanga? Anyone been there?

A buddy of mine is looking for a place to dove hunt in Hondo but Nooners is full. He was wondering if Paloma Pachanga is any good. Anyone ever hunted there?

hunted there last year or the year before can't remeber. i think it was the second day of season and we saw 3 birds. it was so bad they gave us our money back and just said it was overhunted the day before so i dont really trust them

Comment

I hunted there last year with a group of 20 guys from work, we all limited out in an hour or two. Waves of 50-75 birds at a time flying over, and were still pouring over after we had stopped shooting. Closest thing to Argentina I've ever seen......but just like bird hunting anywhere, they can be gone the next day.

Jake

Comment

Thanks for the reviews, fellas. The birds are flying great around Hondo right now so maybe if he can get on there on Sunday, he'll do ok.

Thanks again!

Comment

I've been invited on a hunt at Nooners for this weekend. I've never been there before. Can anyone tell me what to expect? This is suppose to be the deluxe hunt package.

Comment

I called Pachanga on Monday to see if they had any openings at the Honda location for Labor Day. They said they were booked until 9/15. They had some openings at a field outside of castroville. He said it was a flyway field vs. the standing sunflowers like in Hondo.

Comment

Expect good people, insane flights of ww's, and a heck of a steak after the hunt.

~Jb

Comment

I have a group going on Sept. 14.

Comment

Nick, I hunted that place many times before it was Paloma Pachanga. It holds a ton of birds with sunflowers and tanks on the place. Plus it's an outstanding fly way for birds coming in and out of Hondo. When the Muenninks sold it a few years back I lost one of the best dove hunting spots I ever had!

Comment

Working...
                  X