Boat Value Help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boat Value Help?

I bought a new boat a couple months back and have one at moms that I need to sell. I haven't really thought about selling it until here recently. This boat is a 1989 Lowe 170 with 60 hp evinrude. My grandpa bought this in 1992 when it was 3 years old so we have had it for around 27 years. I fished every weekend almost with grandpa in this boat. He passed away 7 years ago and I tried to fish out of it but I couldn't. Grandpa and I caught thousands of catfish in this boat and it wasnt the same without him. So lets get to the boat. It isnt gonna win any beauty contest. It was used to go out to catfish and come back in. The lower unit was rebuilt 2 years ago and it was taken out once just to run afterwards. The motor was rebuilt a few years before grandpa got cancer. No gauges work or anything. It is just a awesome catfish boat to me. Im pretty sure I will have it running tomorrow. It is riveted so it takes on a little water. We just always turned the bilge on every hour or two and pump out what was there. A friend of mine at work is wanting to buy it and I dont know a fair price like it is. Help me out.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by hogslayer78; 06-23-2018, 08:37 PM.

The only problem is its old. Tell him to make an offer and if its $1500 or more, take it.

Comment

If you can wait , it’s worth 3500 or so . If it runs good and is reliable it’s worth some doe

Comment

The sentimental value is nowhere near the actual value.

Comment

Sounds like grulla made you a very generous offer. I would take him up on that.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot-73 View Post
            The sentimental value is nowhere near the actual value.
            I understand that without a doubt. Just sitting there isn't any good for it.

Comment

If the engine runs fine and doesn’t need any serious work, it’s a $3500 boat IMO.

How long had it been sitting up? Might need some carb work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Grulla View Post
                If you can wait , it’s worth 3500 or so . If it runs good and is reliable it’s worth some doe
                A friend at work was telling me how he wanted a boat to fix up and restore and told him what I had and he said he was interested. I told him it hasn't ran in 2 years but im sure it would and probably needs a tune up. I told him he could have it for $1000. I figured its worth every bit of that running or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                  If the engine runs fine and doesn’t need any serious work, it’s a $3500 boat IMO.

How long had it been sitting up? Might need some carb work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  2 years. I have 3 new carb kits that will go with it along with a motor manual for that motor that tells you how to do everything.

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                    A friend at work was telling me how he wanted a boat to fix up and restore and told him what I had and he said he was interested. I told him it hasn't ran in 2 years but im sure it would and probably needs a tune up. I told him he could have it for $1000. I figured its worth every bit of that running or not.
                    You made him a very good offer. If he is a good friend then hope he will take you fishing and hope he has some kids to teach to fish. If you want to make some more money you could but doesn't sound like that is your first priority.

Comment

$1500-2k if it runs.

Comment

1000 tops
                        Just being honest

Comment

Originally posted by Leemo View Post
                          1000 tops
                          Just being honest
                          I was being dishonest.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                            I was being dishonest.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Rivited kills value IMO. Sell it to the friend and make trips 2 boats at a time

Comment

Working...
                              X