Motorcycle sales.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motorcycle sales.

So I was told today by a dealer that if they sold the bike I'm wanting to me at the price I am firm on they are making 0$ dollars...I am offering $50 over MSRP...LOL

What you lookin for?
    I got a full custom HD bar hopper I mite let go.

Comment

Originally posted by BolilloLoco View Post
      What you lookin for?
      I got a full custom HD bar hopper I mite let go.
      I'm wanting the new 2018 HD Iron 1200

Comment

Originally posted by deerslayer94 View Post
        So I was told today by a dealer that if they sold the bike I'm wanting to me at the price I am firm on they are making 0$ dollars...I am offering $50 over MSRP...LOL
        I would call BS. Had a car dealer play that card. I told him you would not spend the time to do the paperwork if you were not making money. Don't BS a BS'er.

Comment

Originally posted by Robertt View Post
          I would call BS. Had a car dealer play that card. I told him you would not spend the time to do the paperwork if you were not making money. Don't BS a BS'er.
          Yea they declined my offer and I walked out. Just hard to believe they won’t sell a bike at Msrp with someone there with money ready to buy.

Comment

I used to sell Harley’s. They are absolutely lying, and furthermore there are many dealers who won’t hesitate to sell you a bike for MSRP.

However, it’s a little more complicated than that, too. You ever notice that when you walk into a metric dealership (Japanese bikes) they always have “new” bikes that are a few years old? Like you can walk into Honda right now and get a new 2017. Maybe even a new 2016. You won’t see that at Harley. The dealers get a fairly tightly controlled number of units each year and they will sell out.

About ten years ago, dealers would not only NOT sell you a bike at MSRP.. but almost every Harley on the floor had around $5000-$10000 worth of dealer-added accessories on it, right from the start. So there were no bikes for MSRP. Salespeople could be rude, not get up from their desks to help customers, and customers still wanted to buy Harley.

I was young and broke when I worked there, so I personally would’ve tried my hardest to get you done. That being said, it’s usually not up to the salesman at all. It’s on management.

All that being said though, who walks on a deal over $50? $50 over MSRP on a Harley is a good deal. Even better if it’s exactly the bike you want.

Good luck with whatever you choose to do.

Comment

As a side note, the other really big reason they don’t like selling to people who want MSRP straight up is because they know they’ll make more money off someone else.

Did you ask to buy any accessories with the bike? Pipes? Did you indicate any interest in doing some more business with the dealer? .. they take all that into account. They’d rather sell that unit to someone who’s going to be a regular there, buying parts and servicing it there, rather than someone who’s gonna walk over $50. That guy walking over $50 is seen as a PITA customer that you’re not gonna make any money on, ever.. so they’d rather sell the bike to someone else.

No offense intended. It’s just the mentality the dealerships have.

Comment

I have a 2010 FXDF fat bob for sale if your interested.

Comment

Everything I'm reading says HD is going down the tubes. They should be selling under MSRP.

Comment

Harley-Davidson Inc. on Tuesday reported its fourth straight year of declining sales as the Milwaukee motorcycle maker struggles to get more riders on Hogs.

Harley's motorcycle-related revenue fell 6.8% in 2017 to $4.92 billion, as retail sales continued to suffer in the U.S. and around the globe. Analysts polled by Thomson Reuters had expected revenue of $4.88 billion.

Shares of the company fell 4.7% in premarket trading to $52.70.

Harley-Davidson said its global retail motorcycle sales fell 6.7% in 2017, compared with the prior year, with U.S. sales down 8.5% and international sales declining 3.9%.

Harley said it shipped 144,893 motorcycles in the U.S. in 2017, a drop of 10% from the year before.

Harley-Davidson said it would close its assembly plant in Kansas City and merge its operations into its plant in York, Pa. The company expects to incur restructuring costs of $170 million to $200 million and expects to spend about $75 million in related capital investments over the next two years. After 2020, the company expects the moves to save about $65 million to $75 million of cash annually.

For its fourth quarter, Harley earned $8.3 million, or 5 cents a share, down from $47.2 million, or 27 cents a share, for the same quarter of the prior year.

Results were hurt by a $53.1 million charge related to new tax law and a $29.4 million charge related to a product recall.

Motorcycle revenue in the fourth quarter grew 12% to $1.05 billion.

Harley said it shipped 241,498 motorcycles globally, at the lower end of its guidance of 241,000 to 246,000 motorcycles it had expected. For 2018, Harley-Davidson expects to ship about 231,000 to 236,000 motorcycles globally.

Harley has said it aims to add two million new riders in the U.S. over the coming decade and boost its international business to 50% of its total annual volume from around 38%. The company also is working to expand its appeal to women, minorities, young adults and city dwellers.

As part of that effort, Harley-Davidson said it is on target to launch its first electric motorcycle within 18 months. Tuesday, the company said it would invest more aggressively in developing electric-biking technology.

Comment

At least you got a salesperson to wait on You! 3 different times over the years when I was bike shopping I walked into Harley dealer's showrooms and couldn't get helped! 3 different dealers even! Its all good to me because there are other brands to ride.

Comment

Originally posted by oneeye View Post
                        At least you got a salesperson to wait on You! 3 different times over the years when I was bike shopping I walked into Harley dealer's showrooms and couldn't get helped! 3 different dealers even! Its all good to me because there are other brands to ride.
                        Same here I think I would walk before I had to go in a HD dealership.

Comment

The dealer is lying to you. HD have a good margin. I have inside info.

Comment

They are saying that because they know they will sell it to someone else for more money. I used to be a mechanic in dealers back in the late 90's-early 2000's, and knowing dealer sales antics is why I prefer to buy used bikes over new. I am not an HD fan though, they don't make any bikes that interest me. So I have no experience with HD sales, maybe they run them differently than Japanese and Euro bike dealers. But I suspect it was no big deal to them to let you walk and expect to sell that bike to someone else. I don't understand why they lied though instead of just telling tell you they didn't like the deal.

Comment

Yeah. I don’t know if Harley is like Honda but Honda dealers get money for every unit they sold l at the end of the year separate from what is involved in the sales deal. So even if they make zero dollars at the time of the sale they still get money at the end of the year on that unit. I would keep walking away until I was happy with the deal.

Comment

Working...
                              X