NM bear hunts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NM bear hunts?

Does anyone have any information as far as bear hunting on public lands in new Mexico? Do you have to get drawn or can you purchase tag over the counter? Also we're looking at the cloudcroft or ruidosa(sp). Any thought?

Watch out for the Mescalero Indians. Don't get caught hunting on there property without there tag. They are not very keen on bear hunters anyway. Most of them feel that when they die, they come back as a bear.

Comment

bear tags are over the counter but don't forget this year the great state of New Mexico is charging an additional fee for a general hunting license that you must purchase before anything else.:\ I wish I could help you about that part of the state but mostly know the northern part.

Comment

Originally posted by Mijamen78 View Post
        Does anyone have any information as far as bear hunting on public lands in new Mexico? Do you have to get drawn or can you purchase tag over the counter? Also we're looking at the cloudcroft or ruidosa(sp). Any thought?
        Cloudcroft is magnificent bear wise not sure Elk oh yeah so maybe a cow distress will help

Comment

Sorry I said that wrong I'm not sure bear wise but elk its great so if you yous a elk distress maybe it'll help
          Sorry

Comment

We were supposed to go in 2011 but the trip got cancelled. You could buy tags otc but there is a limit on the bear harvest, once the quota is met the season is over.

Comment

Working...
            X