these **** dodges!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

these **** dodges!

So i bought an 06 dodge 2500 4x4 with the 5.9 cummins about 5 or 6 months ago. i paid $16,500 for it with no problems (at the time). well since then ive had to replace a few minor things and a rearend that put a dent in my bank account. i had to get the new rearend about a month or so ago. well now my truck was going down the highway and having a little hiccup in my rpm's every so often only above 2,000 rpm's. my truck ended up losing power and my throttle response was really spotty (not normal). i pulled off the highway to the offramp and got stopped at a red light and my truck died. now it will turn over but it wont crank. been sitting since yesterday because i cant get it started. its throwing a code of P0148 which could be several things from what ive seen online. i have a few people telling me it could be my lift pump or a few others telling me it could be my CP3. what is the most common of the two? i dont want to have to go spend 2k on a new cp3 and then it turn out to be the lift pump. any input would be greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by jwells93; 11-21-2018, 11:43 AM.

I believe you can get a tapped banjo for the inlet to your CP3and put a gauge to see if your lift pump is providing enough pressure.

Comment

Good luck.

Comment

how many miles on truck?

Had a 06 Cummins, was one thing after another with that truck.

Comment

No! Not the legendary 5.9 Cummins!!!

That's just not possible...

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
            how many miles on truck?

Had a 06 Cummins, was one thing after another with that truck.
            it has 239,000 miles on it right now

Comment

I’d bet on injector pump being the issue replaced a lot of those on my diesels over the years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I just rebuilt the transmission in my 06. Cost me 1100.00 bucks. I paid 6500 for mine though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Also check your injector lines if you have a line leaking it wont build the pressure it needs for the injectors to fire, around 5000 psi if I remember right.

Comment

Check injection pump, mine when bad around 120,000 miles. Trans lasted until 100k along with front end. 06 also has ac vent damper issues and the dash speedo/tax gears are known to strip.

Comment

Lift pump

Comment

Does that have a pump in the fuel tank? If it does you can hear if it’s working or not by having the ignition key on and get down near the fuel tank to listen. If you have the right tool for checking fuel pressure you can narrow it down. With the fuel pressure gauge tool I’ve checked fuel pump pressure on vehicles and found some on their way out. Fuel pressure was nowhere near normal.

Comment

Did you check the fuel filter? Mine did exactly that when it was clogged.

Comment

Most people on here say, Buy a Toyota!

Comment

Start with the fuel filters mine did the same thing you are describing turned out it was a filter issue

Comment

Working...
                              X