these **** dodges!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4xBuilder View Post
    Did you check the fuel filter? Mine did exactly that when it was clogged.
    i havent checked the filter yet. that will be the first thing i check for sure because that'll be the cheapest

Comment

Take hose off supplying the cp3 and see if its putting fuel out if so then move to injection lines, crack the one supplying the injector lines and see if your getting pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by jwells93 View Post
        i havent checked the filter yet. that will be the first thing i check for sure because that'll be the cheapest
        Check the lift pump first. Open the fuel tank cap and bump the starter. The life pump circuit will activate for 25 seconds. You should be able to hear the lift pump whine back in the tank. If you hear nothing lift pump is bad. $200 and you’re good to go. Mine just went out with 175,000. Same syptmoms you’re talking about. Poor throttle response and dies when you go to an idle. My pump however would run again once it cooled down as the truck would fire.

Comment

Does it have a camshaft positioning sensor. My ford did that.

Comment

Originally posted by hunting270 View Post
            Does it have a camshaft positioning sensor. My ford did that.
            my dtc's show that my camshaft position sensor is out but it also shows a dtc for fuel error. and the camshaft position sensor has been out since ive owned the truck and it never gave me any problems.

Comment

Originally posted by TxKronik View Post
              I’d bet on injector pump being the issue replaced a lot of those on my diesels over the years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
              My bet to had the same issue with my 05

Comment

Bet it’s the lift pump. Had the same thing happen to me in my 03.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Turn the key to accessory, wait a few seconds then bump it to crank but don't crank the truck. Wait about thirty seconds and turn key off then back on and try to crank.

Comment

Also check #5 and #6 injector lines. They were notorious for rubbing pin holes in them and causing fits

Comment

these **** dodges!

Originally posted by slicktree View Post
                      My bet to had the same issue with my 05

The older diesels don’t like the low sulphur diesel you need to use an additive like essentialube etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

My 04 has gone thru a few lift pumps. easy fix. Your 06...not sure where the pump is on that model. Mine is on backside of fuel filter.

Comment

Lift pump...when can lead to a failed injection pump. Do the lift pump first, easy fix. For me that was always the issue

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by White Falcon View Post
                            Most people on here say, Buy a Toyota!
                            B.S.

Comment

Just had my lift pump go out on my 06. 235,000 miles. Transmission has gone out every 100,000 miles without fail.

Comment

it was my lift pump! thank god theyre not too expensive lol

Comment

Working...
                                X