My opener lots of firsts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My opener lots of firsts

Today was my first time to take bow hunting seriously. I've rifle hunted the past 18 yrs and thanks to this website and awesome members I decided to get into bow hunting,and I feel very accomplished. First thing this morning I got into my pop up, right before the feeder goes off I have a lone doe coming in. I think to myself "this is so cool being so close" it's like she heard the thoughts in my head she looked up and made eye contact and started blowing and took off running.about 45 minutes later I had a young 4 point and some does come in, I decide to take a doe. Well I got busted drawing back amd all the deer ran off. I decide to close the side windows of my pop up to make it darker. 10 minutes after I closed the windows I hear squealing and trampling, pigs were coming. I see 3 pigs come running to my left I drew back quickly took aim and let one fly. The pig was quartering away arrow entered in the shoulder exited through the neck. He went face down back legs kicking digging a trench with his snout for all of 15 ft and flipped over. Hell yeah!!!! First bow kill. I cleaned him and got him in the cooler then went and had lunch feeling like an expert archer. After lunch and a short nap I headed back out, feeder went off 4 does make it to the edge of the brush look at me and start blowing and take off running. At this point I decided to put the velcro mesh back on my front windows and wait. Hour and a half later I have a young 4 point come in very skittish. He hung out for an hour before 2 does come in ( or so I thought ) after the does got settled in I drew back and let an arrow fly, perfect shot tucked in tight behind the shoulder the doe jumps about 3 foot and crash lands then takes off running with the other doe they hit the dry creek and i hear crashing in the brush. Hell yeah first deer with a bow!!!! I give it some time as I shot at 715pm, it gets dark quickly I find my arrow covered in bright red blood, smells good and all that. Well I can only find one speck of blood on a rock I think shes right over there in the creek no big deal. I searched for 2 hours couldn't find blood, no deer nothing, I ended up lost in the woods I was walking around blind trying to find my deer blind, 4wheeler anything. My wife has been calling and texting wondering if I'm ok, phone was on silent. I call her tell her what happened and we stayed on the phone for 20 minutes while I'm now trying to figure out where I am. I found my 4 wheeler, hell yeah!!!!! I decide I'm not giving up yet and drove the 4 wheeler to the creek, well 3 minutes into my 4 wheeler ride past the feeder I found my deer not 30 yards away. I probably walked by it 4 or 5 times and it wasn't a doe it was a spike. The low light and mesh had me jacked up a little, oh well happy as all get out. First bow hunt I smoked a hog and a spike, and ended up lost. I feel so accomplished, feel I could give Tim wells a run for his money. Lots of memories were made today, if I knew how to post pics I would. I'm glad to be a part of the TBH family and hope everyone had a great weekend I'm gonna drink a beer and hit the hay

Sounds like a Great Day.Congrats

Comment

Hell yea! Congratulations!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Been a long day, but a hell of a great day been up for 19 hours, all you guys here are awesome cant wait to go after a big buck. Best part I killed my hog and deer with the same arrow and broadhead
        Last edited by slicktree; 09-29-2018, 11:11 PM.

Comment

Well done! I felt like I could feel all of the emotions of those first again! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Great read, congratulations!
            Hope the rest of the season is just as good to you.

Comment

Welcome to the addiction. Great way to start.

Comment

Congrats on all the firsts. It was a great day for you. Mostly cause you woke up thanks to the good Lord above. After that it just got better. The addiction gets worse but it's a good thing. Bein in the great outdoors is always wondermous.

Comment

Congratulations, that feeling and memories of several “first’s” bowhunting will be with you forever!
                  Last edited by Mertzon Man; 09-30-2018, 04:46 AM.

Comment

Awesome story and memories for you! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

hell yeah - congrats!

Comment

Congrats on lots of first, and great write up!

Comment

Enjoyed your write-up. Thanks for sharing your first hunt. Congratulations x2.

Comment

Congrats

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Good job, and welcome blood-brother!

Comment

Working...
                              X