Deer price hunts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jaspermac View Post
    I inquired on a hunt last year and just got new price of $3000 for up to a 170” for a guaranteed kill with any weapon.

Wow...this may make people rethink a lease.

$5000 up to a 200”
    Could be a 120" for $3,000 with that wording but I'm guessing the OP has seen some pics of the deer available to shoot.

*Walker beat me to it

Comment

Would never rethink my lease. Being able to be there as much as I want and hunt as much or less as I want is worth it to me. I understand that at those prices it my interest some hunters, but for me having what I’ve mentioned already is good enough for me. Best of luck though to anyone who would decide to take that hunt.

Comment

What is there to hunt when the outcome is a guarantee?

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
          "UP TO" are the key words
          It’s actualy 150”-170”

Comment

I would consider doing it in addition to my leases not instead of.

Comment

If I really wanted one for the wall I might do it in addition to my lease but I'll keep a lease. Too much to enjoy having a place to go year round. Even if it's just drinking coffee as the sun comes up and listening to the turkeys gobble.

Gary

Comment

I may do it in addition to a lease, but for me, the preparation for the hunt is the best part.

Comment

That is definitely a GREAT price to shoot a 170" deer. I would really check it out close to make sure there isn't a catch somewhere or no "hidden fees".

Comment

I’ve seen good hunts like this and bad hunts like this. Sure there is a 170 in this pasture, but only 1 and you have to find him. But feel free to shoot these 130’s for the same price

Comment

Like some have already said, there are places out there you can kill 140-170" deer for 3-4k now. Years ago that deer would 2-3xs more. I remember when a 200" was gold or platinum at most ranches and would be 15-25k. Places like the Nooner Ranch would be booked solid for the year. Mainly corporate hunts were taking place and I have seen a lot of big deer killed on those types of hunts.

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
                        What are you smoking to think a 170 is common. How many of them have you taken?
                        You missed my point. I haven't taken a 170, but I could. Its just how much money you want to spend. Like someone else said, they are a dime a dozen in most high fence hunting ranches and far from uncommon...hence the cheaper prices.

Comment

I think the catch here is "up to" 170"..

I would gladly pay 3k for a guaranteed low fence 170", but not a 145"..

Comment

I think the long term takeaway for us free grazers is high fence prices will continue to drop as a larger premium is placed on the remaining low fence ranches.

Comment

Originally posted by 220swift View Post
                              In a high fence, pen raised deer scenario, 170” are way on the low end. 200” bucks are not even a big deal any more.
                              I made this exact argument on facebook about 2 days ago.

-john

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Hoghunter View Post
                                I made this exact argument on facebook about 2 days ago.

-john
                                i'm really surprised you are on facebook john.

the word "guaranteed" is a no go for me, no matter the price.

Comment

Working...
                                X