No announcement yet.

340 Inches of Antler in One Day! TBHVJ 28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another great video, Michael! Thanks for sharing. I'm just as surprised as you are about that doe. Looked like a great shot to me. Maybe y'all pushed her a little bit too soon. Hard to say. They are tough animals.

Comment

Love these!

Comment

Originally posted by Jmsck12 View Post
        I'll watch it shortly, anticipation is building up quickly!! 360 inches is a lot of bone for one day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        That's from one hunter...technically, there was 660" between three hunters on that day!

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
        Michael, your videos are some of the best hunting videos I have seen. I really enjoy them. As far as the shot on the doe, I think it was ill advised. The combination of the deer slightly quartering toward the shooter, and the front leg being back was reason to hold off. That doe was definitely on alert, and I'm sure that played a factor in making what looked like a rushed shot. There wasn't much arrow penetration, but given the angle and leg position, I don't think she could have placed it much better. Always sucks to lose a deer. I'm glad you showed it as part of your series. It's hunting, and it ain't always pretty.
        Originally posted by starn11gy View Post
        Great video really enjoyed it. The shot was a little tuff with leg in that position. Not sure the bow set up maybe it would have been better with more poundage or maybe not. It sucks to lose a deer but that happens sometimes, my opinion is that it was not a terrible position for that shot just was not ideal. Enjoyed the video.
        Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
        Couldn't have said it any better. The deer was alert and the bow set up and broadhead may have contributed but the shot placement was solid. Not much else to say. Sucks to lose any deer but it's just bowhunting and it will happen to you if you are in the game very long.

As always...great video Michael.
        Originally posted by prandel1 View Post
        Good stuff

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
        Another great video, Michael! Thanks for sharing. I'm just as surprised as you are about that doe. Looked like a great shot to me. Maybe y'all pushed her a little bit too soon. Hard to say. They are tough animals.
        Originally posted by JRL View Post
        Love these!
        Originally posted by killerbee View Post
        Great video
        Originally posted by bps3040 View Post
        Great video, always enjoy them.
        Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
        Likely 2 holes in the doe would have produced the desired results too... not sure what J-Net's set up is, but looked line mechanical head in the video... maybe a COC head like the Stinger would have given better results... Bottom line, your analysis is spot on. We could all spend 3 pages of what if's that might all be helpful/informative, but quartering-to shots are ill advised on deer, and especially on what seems to be a low poundage set up and not one tuned for maximum penetration.

I've just started watching your video series and I am getting motivated!! Thank you sir for taking all the time to do this. It is obviously a passion for you and you're pretty good at it!
        Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
        CDLC produced some GREAT bucks this year. Congrats to all of you guys. That was a great shot on the doe and I never would of guessed it would of led to a .75 mile trail. Deer do weird things. I think you shoot 10 deer there, 7 get recovered shortly. Keep the videos coming and good work once again.
        Thanks for all the feedback and comments!
        My Flickr Photos

Comment

One small correction. Gary's tandem was "only" 340" (160+180), not 360". Sorry, nobody told me this would involve math!
          My Flickr Photos

Comment

Loved the video. Sucks when things don't work out, but thanks for not sugar coating it or refusing to show it altogether. Keep 'em coming!

Comment

Great video as always. Thank you for taking the time to post those for us.

Manwitaplan

Comment

Great bucks coming out of CDLC! Always enjoy the coverage from there. Thanks for taking us along!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Tagged to watch later, I'm sure it's great as always.

Comment

Awesome video, just out of curiosity, what is cdlc ?

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post

I think it's a correctional facility [emoji23]
                      Just kidding boss [emoji16][emoji16]

Comment

Marked for later

Comment

Great video, real life, nothing to hide. You bow hunt enough, it happens. Looked to me like combination of slight quarter too and front left leg a little back, arrow entered and caught upper shoulder blade and the reaction of the doe "being on edge already" resulted in poor penetration. Broad head looked to deflect weird, lots hair. Tell her to keep letting them fly!

Comment

Originally posted by popup_menace View Post
                            Loved the video. Sucks when things don't work out, but thanks for not sugar coating it or refusing to show it altogether. Keep 'em coming!
                            Thanks for the feedback. I just saw you sent a PM, too. Will reply.

Originally posted by manwitaplan View Post
                            Great video as always. Thank you for taking the time to post those for us.

Manwitaplan
                            Thanks!

Originally posted by Joel View Post
                            Great bucks coming out of CDLC! Always enjoy the coverage from there. Thanks for taking us along!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                            It was a really good season with a couple of giants hitting the ground! Thanks!
                            Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
                            Campos de las Cazadoras
                            Originally posted by DPElite View Post
                            I think it's a correctional facility [emoji23]
                            Just kidding boss [emoji16][emoji16]

Originally posted by DBLHKUP View Post
                            Great video, real life, nothing to hide. You bow hunt enough, it happens. Looked to me like combination of slight quarter too and front left leg a little back, arrow entered and caught upper shoulder blade and the reaction of the doe "being on edge already" resulted in poor penetration. Broad head looked to deflect weird, lots hair. Tell her to keep letting them fly!
                            Thanks for the feedback!
                            My Flickr Photos

Comment

Great video...thank you for sharing!

Sent from somewhere in Old Mexico...

Comment

Thanks!

Change-of-pace duck hunting video going up tonight!
                                My Flickr Photos

Comment

Working...
                                X