Sound Right

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sound Right

I got a KodiakMag i'm wanting to hunt with this year(45lbs@28).
    Draw lenght is about 26.5,right now shooting 1916XX75 125gr.field points.arrows flying great.Want to hunt with 29"XX75 1916,with a 160gr Zwickey.Should put me about 450gr.Ought to work?
    Ernie

How long are your arrows with the 125gr points?

If your arrow with the 125gr points are flying great, then you will have to either cut them a bit shorter than they are now or go to a slightly stiffer shaft to make a 160gr point work.

Bisch

Comment

If i stick with 125gr.,29" 1916's,that would give me 415gr.Would that be to lightweight?This is where i get confused!
      Ernie

Comment

That is kind of light. If your DL is 26.5", then your actual draw weight should be about 41# or so. The 415gr arrow will work, but the heavier arrow would be better, esp from a lower draw weight. If your current arrows are 29", then you have plenty of room. I would suggest going with the heavier heads, and re-tuning your arrows to them.

I just put your bow and arrow in the Stu Miller calculator, and it says that arrow should work with the 160gr head at 27.75". That may be off a bit because I did not know about your srting or what kind of feathers you are using, but it should be fairly close.

Bisch
        Last edited by Bisch; 05-07-2015, 06:34 PM.

Comment

5" feathers,3 fletch,Dynaflight 97 Flemish String,the arrows are cut at 28",shooting off the shelf,i can feel the insert touch the front. of the bow at full draw. Now
          that i have been shooting again everyday,my DL is probably 27"! Thanks for the help!
          Ernie

Comment

If your arrows are cut at 28", and you can feel the insert hitting the front of the bow, then your DL is longer than 27". Sounds to me from what you describe that your DL is actually closer to 28". You need to have your DL measured while drawing your bow so you know exactly what it is. It makes a big difference when trying to figure things out. You may also need to step up to a 2016 maybe?

Bisch

Comment

Look at 3 rivers spine calculator.

Comment

Working...
              X