Pigs continue to be tough S.O.Bs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pigs continue to be tough S.O.Bs!

Well, I made it out again but this time the **** thing left with my arrow. I figured I would find him just on the other side of the trees but I guess he finally got his feet under him and took off. I trailed him a LONG ways and finally just gave up on the trail. Looking back on the shot, with the angle I should have aimed a bit further back. Still had a blast, enjoy!

Year before last my buddy shot one right behind the front leg with a crossbow, the arrow stuck in the off shoulder. I shot that pig 10/15 minutes later with a 6.8 SPC 600 yards away as the crow flies. I believe he was walking dead, but he ran about 75 yards after I punched him in the lungs. Yeah, they are tough !

Comment

Man, that's crazy! I went back yesterday to look for buzzards but no luck. They were all over the second pig where I had left him but no sign of that black one I hit.

Comment

Great video, thanks for sharing. Not everyday you get a chance to shoot two good sized hogs in one sitting, congratulations on the hunt. I'll bet that first one is dead somewhere with your arrow still in him.

Comment

Good video thanks for sharing. Headed to the lease tomorrow to try and get a few down.

Comment

how much do you think that spotted hog weighed? big one!

Comment

Texoma I was scratching my arms and legs just watching you walk through there. I crash through it with no problem, but watching someone else do it on video with the green leaves being so vibrant, I think I may have gotten poison oak and ivy.

Comment

Man great shot... You can't hit one much better than that.. I have killed a many with a bow and that is the shot that I wait on, quartering and trying to exit the base of the neck on the opposite side.. I have lost 1 or 2 but not nearly as many with that shot as I have with a broadside shot. I wont even take a broadside shot on a pig anymore.... Tough critters for sure....

Comment

As you suggested, the shot needed to be back about 4 inches for that angle. You actually hit the spine in the neck and that is why he had trouble running to start but I bet the arrow became dislodged from the spine and that is why you couldn't find him. My bet is he will live for at least a few days if not fully recover from that shot.

Comment

Kyle, which broadheads are you using? Those bloodtrails are ridiculous.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice going!

Comment

Nice shot on that first hog!

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
                          Kyle, which broadheads are you using? Those bloodtrails are ridiculous.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                          I'm using Grave Digger broadheads.

Comment

Working...
                          X