The Shape Flexer....sun hat for all us bucketheads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
    There are men's hat companies out there too, yall!

https://www.sunbody.com/

This fits your “manliness” perfect there ol chap. [emoji23][emoji23]. You’d have to pin back your ears [emoji41]

Comment

****ed rotating homepage photos…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Im glad someone said it. Old cheap straw hat or palm leaf does it the same without that old man floppiness of those things...

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

Great hats!!! I have 2 of the big brimmed "gus" style ones and love them.

The advantage I found with this hat is when your on a good long boat ride. It's a lot easier to stuff somewhere and not get blown off. I'd prefer the sunbody but this is a good too!

Comment

Originally posted by Calrob View Post
            Im glad someone said it. Old cheap straw hat or palm leaf does it the same without that old man floppiness of those things...

There is no floppy brim in the hat I posted about..

My palms fell apart which is why I tried this one....done with palms as they don't last me plus they are hard as hell to find in buckethead sizes.

Comment

I took the plunge and requested one for Father's day. Got it somewhat late, but wore it mowing grass the other day for the first time. Some observations:

It IS heavy(ish) and floppy, but got used to it within 30 minutes.
              Can deal with the floppyness by bending the brim to suit your taste.
              GREAT coverage!
              I wear a 7 1/8 size (no bucket head, but definitely getting to the Old Man stage), so the Small/Medium was a perfect fit.
              Can't wait to try it against the wily Mourning Dove in a month!

Stu

PS - Oh, yeah, had to buy an Old Man 28 gauge shotgun to use with it this year, too.

Comment

I'm a Tilley man myself.

Comment

I put in 3 solid days of deer lease work clearing senderos, trimming shooting lanes and mowing/weedating grass not to mention the usual filling of feeders out west. I also put in almost a full day of work at my pig lease that next Monday and never noticed heavy but I dang sure noticed cool and no sunburn on the face or neck in the mid to upper 90s temps. I also like the fact that it fits bucket sized heads so there were no headaches from trying to make something too tight work.

Not getting the floppy description by some but I guess I'm comparing it to a boonie hat floppy and not a rigid straw cowboy hat. I can grab my brim and it keeps its shape. Did not flap up in high winds either bird hunting in May or driving with the windows open during the workdays. Mine kept its shape all weekend. Really really like this hat. .....I ordered a second one in case they become unavailable.
                  Last edited by Smart; 07-23-2019, 05:35 PM.

Comment

How does one order the Lite? Not seeing on website...

Comment

The Shape Flexer....sun hat for all us bucketheads

Originally posted by awry View Post
                      How does one order the Lite? Not seeing on website...

I would email and ask.

When they swapped mine out they mentioned something about special order or some verbiage that led me to believe it wasn't something they offered everyday.

As you can see here, the medium light is still sitting on my ears and the shape has to be reminded often.
                      It doesn’t take and keep a shape as well asjlinville’s did in post #110.

Last edited by DaveC; 09-06-2019, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X