SE Oklahoma Land Clearing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SE Oklahoma Land Clearing

Can anyone recommend a company that can mulch or clear some small brush and trees on my place in Eastern Choctaw County Oklahoma? I need about 2-3 acres total of trails for the SxS and food plots cleared. It's mainly small trees and brush with the largest tree being maybe 8" in diameter.

Also, any idea what this typically runs per hour? What kind of total should I be expecting? Expected amount of time?

If possible I'd like to get this done in August.

I appreciate the help!

I know in east Texas we were quoted $1200 to $1500 for an eight hour day.

Comment

If you can wait a week or two, I’ll gladly come do it for you. I charge $125/hr plus travel time over 1hr. I’m pretty certain I’m going to be the cheapest around as far as rate goes. I’m just getting started in this and I need to earn people’s business.

Be happy to take care of you.
      Oak Hills Land Management
      580-916-8930
      Last edited by Trevor73402; 07-15-2019, 07:21 AM.

Comment

PM sent your way.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor73402 View Post
          If you can wait a week or two, I’ll gladly come do it for you. I charge $125/hr plus travel time over 1hr. I’m pretty certain I’m going to be the cheapest around as far as rate goes. I’m just getting started in this and I need to earn people’s business.

Be happy to take care of you.
          Oak Hills Land Management
          580-916-8930
          Where you located?

Comment

I've used this outfit on two occasions and they are pros.
            Let me know if you need more info.

Bushwackers Land Clearing Services and Brush Grinding in Oklahoma, Texas and Arkansas. Environmentally conscious, minimal soil disturbance, no piles to burn

Comment

Originally posted by Possum Fat View Post
              Where you located?
              I’m in the Ardmore area, but I’ll travel just about anywhere, depending on the size of the job. My only goal right now is to get my name out and make the customer happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Lost Arra View Post

https://bushwackerslandclearing.com/

I be used them twice also on 2 different properties, and agree they are very good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

https://bushwackerslandclearing.com/
                  I received a quote from them back in March for $1600 per day and was told 2-3 acres would take 2-3 days. Is that about what I should expect to pay?

I was recalculating the acreage that I need mulched and it is around 1.5 acres.

Comment

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
                    I received a quote from them back in March for $1600 per day and was told 2-3 acres would take 2-3 days. Is that about what I should expect to pay?

I was recalculating the acreage that I need mulched and it is around 1.5 acres.
                    On both occasions they got a lot more done than I expected. They arrive early and work non-stop. The first time I was expecting three days and they finished in two. Second time they worked two full days and easily got everything done (and more) including mulching some old brush piles that had gotten so big I was a little nervous about burning.

Almost all of my work was big cedar tree mulching and a lot of it was time consuming because they were grown up into some big oaks. They got the cedars out and mulched without any damage to oaks. I guess it depends on what they are mulching and maybe cedars aren't too tough. The operator told me when mulching cedars out of a field, away from desirable trees, they can do one in about 10 seconds and I believe it.

I've removed cedars myself for a number of years with cutting, dragging with tractor, stacking (no front end loader or dozer) and burning and what they did in one day would take me a year to eventually get completed.

Comment

On both occasions they got a lot more done than I expected. They arrive early and work non-stop. The first time I was expecting three days and they finished in two. Second time they worked two full days and easily got everything done (and more) including mulching some old brush piles that had gotten so big I was a little nervous about burning.

Almost all of my work was big cedar tree mulching and a lot of it was time consuming because they were grown up into some big oaks. They got the cedars out and mulched without any damage to oaks. I guess it depends on what they are mulching and maybe cedars aren't too tough. The operator told me when mulching cedars out of a field, away from desirable trees, they can do one in about 10 seconds and I believe it.

I've removed cedars myself for a number of years with cutting, dragging with tractor, stacking (no front end loader or dozer) and burning and what they did in one day would take me a year to eventually get completed.
                      Oh I don't doubt it. I worked on a trail this weekend with the chainsaw and we made it maybe 80 yards in a couple of hours. Tough work. I'd have to have a really good chainsaw and a lot of time to complete what I need done. 99% of the stuff I'm cutting is 2-3" in diameter and the mulchers would eat them up quicker than I could start the chainsaw. I was thinking it wouldn't take someone very long to mulch down 1.5 acres of the brush and small trees that I have. My place was cleared around 10 years ago and most of it was left open for whatever was there to grow up.

Comment

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
                        Oh I don't doubt it. I worked on a trail this weekend with the chainsaw and we made it maybe 80 yards in a couple of hours. Tough work. I'd have to have a really good chainsaw and a lot of time to complete what I need done. 99% of the stuff I'm cutting is 2-3" in diameter and the mulchers would eat them up quicker than I could start the chainsaw. I was thinking it wouldn't take someone very long to mulch down 1.5 acres of the brush and small trees that I have. My place was cleared around 10 years ago and most of it was left open for whatever was there to grow up.
                        My first job I booked them for one day with an option for the second or maybe a third after seeing what was completed (or not). I am surprised they thought 2-3 acres would take 2-3 days. I described what I wanted to the operator before I left for work thinking it would take all day. My wife calls about 10:45am and said for me to get home at lunch because he was almost finished with what I had requested. He finished a lot more than I expected in one full day.
                        Last edited by Lost Arra; 07-15-2019, 01:25 PM.

Comment

My first job I booked them for one day with an option for the second or maybe a third after seeing what was completed (or not). I am surprised they thought 2-3 acres would take 2-3 days. I described what I wanted to the operator before I left for work thinking it would take all day. My wife calls about 10:45am and said for me to get home at lunch because he was almost finished with what I had requested. He finished a lot more than I expected in one full day.
                          When in this business you always have to under promise and over deliver. The customer is always happy with this. However if you over promise and under deliver, even if it’s out of your control, the customer will have a poor opinion of you and your work.

When people want a “bid” for a complete job rather than just taking the hourly rate, operators have no choice but to over bid the work to insure they don’t lose money. There are so many variables to factor in when clearing land.

Either way, I’m not going to leave till my customer is happy.

Comment

Tagged

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor73402 View Post
                              When in this business you always have to under promise and over deliver. The customer is always happy with this. However if you over promise and under deliver, even if it’s out of your control, the customer will have a poor opinion of you and your work.

When people want a “bid” for a complete job rather than just taking the hourly rate, operators have no choice but to over bid the work to insure they don’t lose money. There are so many variables to factor in when clearing land.

Either way, I’m not going to leave till my customer is happy.
                              Yep. Im in a different business, but my hourly rate is lower if I keep track of time and get paid by the actual hour vs quoting it. Lower rate reflects the lower risk of underquoting and losing money. Of course, the customer has to trust you, and you have to be trustworthy.

Comment

Working...
                              X