Ashamed of Fox News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ashamed of Fox News

Lt Col Ralph Peters has had enough of the charade.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/tomnamako/r...1ax#.jjxov15WY

On March 1st, I informed Fox that I would not renew my contract. The purpose of this message to all of you is twofold:

First, I must thank each of you for the cooperation and support you've shown me over the years. Those working off-camera, the bookers and producers, don't often get the recognition you deserve, but I want you to know that I have always appreciated the challenges you face and the skill with which you master them.

Second, I feel compelled to explain why I have to leave. Four decades ago, I took an oath as a newly commissioned officer. I swore to "support and defend the Constitution," and that oath did not expire when I took off my uniform. Today, I feel that Fox News is assaulting our constitutional order and the rule of law, while fostering corrosive and unjustified paranoia among viewers. Over my decade with Fox, I long was proud of the association. Now I am ashamed.

In my view, Fox has degenerated from providing a legitimate and much-needed outlet for conservative voices to a mere propaganda machine for a destructive and ethically ruinous administration. When prime-time hosts--who have never served our country in any capacity--dismiss facts and empirical reality to launch profoundly dishonest assaults on the FBI, the Justice Department, the courts, the intelligence community (in which I served) and, not least, a model public servant and genuine war hero such as Robert Mueller--all the while scaremongering with lurid warnings of "deep-state" machinations-- I cannot be part of the same organization, even at a remove. To me, Fox News is now wittingly harming our system of government for profit.

As a Russia analyst for many years, it also has appalled me that hosts who made their reputations as super-patriots and who, justifiably, savaged President Obama for his duplicitous folly with Putin, now advance Putin's agenda by making light of Russian penetration of our elections and the Trump campaign. Despite increasingly pathetic denials, it turns out that the "nothing-burger" has been covered with Russian dressing all along. And by the way: As an intelligence professional, I can tell you that the Steele dossier rings true--that's how the Russians do things.. The result is that we have an American president who is terrified of his counterpart in Moscow.

I do not apply the above criticisms in full to Fox Business, where numerous hosts retain a respect for facts and maintain a measure of integrity (nor is every host at Fox News a propaganda mouthpiece--some have shown courage). I have enjoyed and valued my relationship with Fox Business, and I will miss a number of hosts and staff members. You're the grown-ups.

Also, I deeply respect the hard-news reporters at Fox, who continue to do their best as talented professionals in a poisoned environment. These are some of the best men and women in the business..

So, to all of you: Thanks, and, as our president's favorite world leader would say, "Das vidanya."

And?

Comment

Maybe he can take employment from the propaganda outlet that produced the phony Trump dossier. I forget the name of that group?

Comment

Hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!! Whooooooooooo!! That's so freaking biased it's comical!

The FBI has been caught in extremely illegal and unethical goings on. It's past time that people get what they deserve in the government, whether that's the nations top law enforcement agency or not!

Comment

WELL BYE!!!!!! He seems like a crybaby anyway.. I hope he takes Juan Williams with him....

He is entitled to his opinion.. Obviously someone has urinated in his corn flakes.. If he honestly doesn't believe that there was, is and always has been serious corruption within the top brass of the FBI, The Justice Department and surrounding the entire Mueller investigation then he has lost his mind and that's probably the true reason he is leaving... That fact that he is describing FOX's revealing and reporting of the "Deep-state" as "scaremongering" tells me that his mind is slipping.. There is a deep-state. No need to act like there isn't..
          Why would he want this to be covered up???

How is FOX "making light" of Russia's involvement in the Trump campaign when there was none?? This guys cracker has crumbled..........
          Last edited by PondPopper; 03-20-2018, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
            Maybe he can take employment from the propaganda outlet that produced the phony Trump dossier. I forget the name of that group?
            He will end up at CNN. Ill bet $20 on it.. For fun..

Comment

Sorry, I almost got all round up! That guy is a POG and was never worthy of wearing the uniform. I love how analyst’s that have never seen a day of combat turn out to be world renound experts! Anyone who makes LTC upon retirement means he didn’t get a DUI or slept with someone’s wife other than that it is guaranteed! Congrats, how noble! Now he should take his place ironing Hillary’s pant suits! Either way a total POG! And if the OP is on his side, kinda hard to tell since it is all a quote, go iron Hillary’s pant suits with him!
              Last edited by Darton; 03-20-2018, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Who are y'all talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                  Who are y'all talking about?
                  First sentence in the OP.

But hey, the varmint is a centrist, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                    First sentence in the OP.

But hey, the varmint is a centrist, right?
                    I have him blocked so I have no idea what's in his post

Comment

I have him blocked so I have no idea what's in his post

Lt. Col Ralph Peters going off the deep end claiming Fox is fear mongering and taking Mueller’s side in the Russia Investigation.

He backed out and left Fox.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
                        Lt. Col Ralph Peters going off the deep end claiming Fox is fear mongering and taking Mueller’s side in the Russia Investigation.

He backed out and left Fox.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Dang, he must have gone off the deep end if he thinks fox is taking Muellers side. Now Shep does but the channel as a whole seems fair on the subject.

Thanks for the info.

Comment

There’s been a couple of times in recent months I’ve seen him on Fox and thought he was beginning to lose his mind. Now I’m certain.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Dang, he must have gone off the deep end if he thinks fox is taking Muellers side. Now Shep does but the channel as a whole seems fair on the subject.

Thanks for the info.
                            No, that's not it. I'll quote the uh, anyway, it's just the article. The varmint had nothing to say.

Comment

Originally posted by Vermin93 View Post
                              Lt Col Ralph Peters has had enough of the charade.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/tomnamako/r...1ax#.jjxov15WY

On March 1st, I informed Fox that I would not renew my contract. The purpose of this message to all of you is twofold:

First, I must thank each of you for the cooperation and support you've shown me over the years. Those working off-camera, the bookers and producers, don't often get the recognition you deserve, but I want you to know that I have always appreciated the challenges you face and the skill with which you master them.

Second, I feel compelled to explain why I have to leave. Four decades ago, I took an oath as a newly commissioned officer. I swore to "support and defend the Constitution," and that oath did not expire when I took off my uniform. Today, I feel that Fox News is assaulting our constitutional order and the rule of law, while fostering corrosive and unjustified paranoia among viewers. Over my decade with Fox, I long was proud of the association. Now I am ashamed.

In my view, Fox has degenerated from providing a legitimate and much-needed outlet for conservative voices to a mere propaganda machine for a destructive and ethically ruinous administration. When prime-time hosts--who have never served our country in any capacity--dismiss facts and empirical reality to launch profoundly dishonest assaults on the FBI, the Justice Department, the courts, the intelligence community (in which I served) and, not least, a model public servant and genuine war hero such as Robert Mueller--all the while scaremongering with lurid warnings of "deep-state" machinations-- I cannot be part of the same organization, even at a remove. To me, Fox News is now wittingly harming our system of government for profit.

As a Russia analyst for many years, it also has appalled me that hosts who made their reputations as super-patriots and who, justifiably, savaged President Obama for his duplicitous folly with Putin, now advance Putin's agenda by making light of Russian penetration of our elections and the Trump campaign. Despite increasingly pathetic denials, it turns out that the "nothing-burger" has been covered with Russian dressing all along. And by the way: As an intelligence professional, I can tell you that the Steele dossier rings true--that's how the Russians do things.. The result is that we have an American president who is terrified of his counterpart in Moscow.

I do not apply the above criticisms in full to Fox Business, where numerous hosts retain a respect for facts and maintain a measure of integrity (nor is every host at Fox News a propaganda mouthpiece--some have shown courage). I have enjoyed and valued my relationship with Fox Business, and I will miss a number of hosts and staff members. You're the grown-ups.

Also, I deeply respect the hard-news reporters at Fox, who continue to do their best as talented professionals in a poisoned environment. These are some of the best men and women in the business..

So, to all of you: Thanks, and, as our president's favorite world leader would say, "Das vidanya."
                              Here it is.

Comment

Working...
                              X