No announcement yet.

What happened to good country music?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't stand the newer so called country music these days. I only listen to classic country I do like Texas country as well but can't handle listening to rascal flats Taylor swift luke Bryan band perry and all those other pop singers.

60s 70s 80s and 90s are what I listen to

Comment

Originally posted by chewjr View Post
      Tim McGraw "looking for that girl" made me puke.
      If listening to music really causes you to have random vomiting episodes you might want to go see a doctor. It could be something serious.

Comment

I find it hilarious that Tim McGraw came out with that song "they put pop in my country" and then goes off and sings hip hop songs with Nelly!!! Somewhere along the way when he fell off the deep end he fell way way off. I absolutely loathe him! I'm only 25 and can't stand "main stream" country. Of course I'm just old enough to remember the good 80's, 90's and early 2000's country.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhuntamistad View Post
          I have yet to hear "rapping" on any country station yet I keep heating everybody complain about rap in country. Still confused
          How bout ol Blake? Boys round here. Hick hop if I ever heard it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cropduster View Post
            It seems that none of the new artists have a clue how to write good music and sing it. I guess it is a sign of the times, but I also cannot stand to hear the junk that is being called country music. I simply don't listen to that stuff. I listen to the golden oldies and that is about it for me.

It's because they don't write music, or have any real depth to their singing. Patsy Cline sang what Willie wrote, but she put her foot down about singing a song called "Stupid" so it was changed to "Crazy."

There are several Texas/Red Dirt musicians who write well. Turnpike Troubadours, Jason Eady, Ray Wiley Hubbard, Chris Night, Hayes Carll, etc. They're out there making an impact on music.

Comment

New country sucks, I only listen to older country and Texas country anymore

Comment

Dead and gone brother. Just like good westerns

Comment

Originally posted by esp View Post
                  If you want real country music listen to 106.9 The Ranch. They also have a free app so you can listen to it anywhere that you are.

Awesome station!

Comment

Man, y'all crack me up sometimes.

Comment

I'm almost 30 and I can stand some of it, but it's VERY little. The rapping stuff, not so much. My wife said she heard a new Colt Ford song the other day in my mom's jeep and it was awful. My mom likes that stuff, she listens to SIRIUS XM - The Highway so I wasn't surprise when my wife said she heard that song. I'm an old soul I guess. Waylon, Willie, Haggard, Jones, Conway, Johnny, Ray, Jerry Lee, etc.

Comment

everyone is showing there age right now, I am sure our dads, and grandads said the same thing. The money these guys make today is outrageous and the only way they can keep up is to cross between country and pop. George Straight is probably the only country singer left who can still sell out without having a huge production, light show etc. There are still a few good traditional country songs, but most country artists today are trying to cash in on the blended approach of country meets pop or hip hop. The great thing is, you can always change the station

Comment

Originally posted by JeffJ View Post
                          I agree to an extent. That being said I have good seats for the I heart radio concert in Austin tomorrow. Eric Church, Jake Owen, Jason Aldean, FL GA Line and everyones favorite Carrie Underwood. Ill make sure and wear a camo hat just to show Carrie I mean business.
                          That's gonna be a great show. Jake Owen can actually sing and puts on a great show.

Comment

There are a lot of sub genres of country music. Nashville, Texas, Bakersfield, Folk/Singer-Songwriter, Big Band/Western Swing, Bluegrass, Blues, Rockabilly. You can find great stuff in almost any sub genre but I think most of us agree that Nashville is responsible for the pop/rap garbage that is spewed at us today. Some Texas artists are sliding down a slippery slope too. How many songs can you write about beer & Texas?

We want something real and honest. Not just a beautiful face on the cover of an album.

I've mentioned him before here but I'm gonna do it again. Bracken Hale. The guy is a troubadour. He's played all over Texas for over 10 years. He writes great songs and has a great guitar tone. I've been friends with him for many years and played bass for him a few years ago for about 6 months.

It's hard to make a living playing music. You have to support the real guys out there doing it. Buy a CD, go to a show, give 'em a bed to sleep on for a night, throw a few bucks in the tip jar.

Please click August 2012 @ this link and watch http://www.threadgills.tv/hd/vod.php#

or search youtube for Bracken Hale and give us a review here @ TBH!

Comment

It's getting harder and harder to find good, classic country terrestrial radio stations. What should be one of the biggest markets for classic country (Dallas/Ft. Worth) killed it's only true CC station a while back. I listen to my own collection when I want to hear "real" country music.

Comment

I blame the big corporate radio conglomerates who's music selection skews towards lowest common denominator.

Comment

Working...
                                X