TC Pro hunter Encore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TC Pro hunter Encore

Looking for advice on the 300 win mag and 25-06 In this set up. Looking for real world accuracy out these two calibers. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I don't think caliber choice is going to have that big an impact on accuracy. It will have more to do with a good handload combination or a happy accident with factory ammo. I have a .280 Rem barrel for mine that's a one-holer at 100 yards after much experimentation with different powder/bullet combos, but it was just minute-of-deer with factory stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
      I don't think caliber choice is going to have that big an impact on accuracy. It will have more to do with a good handload combination or a happy accident with factory ammo. I have a .280 Rem barrel for mine that's a one-holer at 100 yards after much experimentation with different powder/bullet combos, but it was just minute-of-deer with factory stuff.
      Awesome thanks for the reply. I hand load was just looking for info on factory loads.

Comment

The barrels I have, average around MOA (or just a tad bigger). This will easily handle 95% of all deer hunting needs.

Comment

I have a 243 and a 22/250 the 243 shoots everything well and the cheap Federal blue box 100 grain into tiny little been called a liar groups the 22/250 I wasn’t so lucky with it shoots a hand load into an inch maybe a little better but not much

Comment

Thank yall for your info. Going to be a deer rifle and elk gun. Figured if I could get an inch or better at 100 and stay under sub at 500 that would be good enough for a hunting rifle.

Comment

Under no circumstances would I recommend one in 300 mag without a brake. Ive had two 30-06s and a .308 (albeit in the standard encore, without the flexy stock), and they would beat you silly.

Also loaded some Ruger 45-70 loads in once. Bad idea.

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
                Under no circumstances would I recommend one in 300 mag without a brake. Ive had two 30-06s and a .308 (albeit in the standard encore, without the flexy stock), and they would beat you silly.

Also loaded some Ruger 45-70 loads in once. Bad idea.
                Thanks for the input. I'll shoot it first and see. I'm not afraid to put one on if I think it needs it. Old friend had one in 7mag though I never shot it i watched him and it was awfully jumpy after the trigger pull.

Comment

I have killed a bunch of Axis and hogs using a TC Encore in 25-06. Bullet has more than enough velocity to kill cleanly out to 400 yards and more.
                  Winchester Supreme Black box 115 gr pills shoot best.
                  Can't tell ya bout the 300 win mag.

Comment

2.5"-3.5" groups are the norm. If your happy with that then you won't be to dissapointed.. A tack driver is rare in this platform. I have 3 Pro Hunters and 1 Encore. The Encore has a 24" barrel in 25-06 and is the most accurate of the 4. They are VERY finicky at best.. They can be accurate but can require some work and they are very sensitive to forearm pressure changes.. Stick to the shorter barrels. The 28" Probunter barrels are to long. Being long with no support causes barrel whip especially in the bigger calibers with the heavier bullets.. This will affect the Accuracy big time..
                    Oversize hinge pins and changing the trigger spring will be a must. The factory triggers are way to heavy and if it does lock up tight due to the factory hinge pin being sloppy it will not shoot well. Also some require adjust of the headspace to get better accuracy... If your not dead set on owning one of these then go a different route.. I will never buy another.. Buy a good bolt gun and be done..
                    Last edited by PondPopper; 10-23-2018, 07:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                      2.5"-3.5" groups are the norm. If your happy with that then you won't be to dissapointed.. A tack driver is rare in this platform. I have 3 Pro Hunters and 1 Encore. The Encore has a 24" barrel in 25-06 and is the most accurate of the 4. They are VERY finicky at best.. They can be accurate but can require some work and they are very sensitive to forearm pressure changes.. Stick to the shorter barrels. The 28" Probunter barrels are to long. Being long with no support causes barrel whip especially in the bigger calibers with the heavier bullets.. This will affect the Accuracy big time..
                      Oversize hinge pins and changing the trigger spring will be a must. The factory triggers are way to heavy and if it does lock up tight due to the factory hinge pin being sloppy it will not shoot well. Also some require adjust of the headspace to get better accuracy... If your not dead set on owning one of these then go a different route.. I will never buy another.. Buy a good bolt gun and be done..
                      I appreciate your insight and information on them. My only reason buying was to get 2 guns for the price of one good one. I'll look into other options. I appreciate your Input.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                        My .308 was under an inch. 30-06 and 45-70 were 1.5” easy with 3 shot groups.

Comment

TC Pro hunter Encore

Originally posted by drwilliams View Post
                          I appreciate your insight and information on them. My only reason buying was to get 2 guns for the price of one good one. I'll look into other options. I appreciate your Input.

No problem.. I love the platform and feel of these guns but just wish they were more consistently accurate.. There is a reason so many get sold.. I've bought most of mine "like new/used" for $500-$550. The Encore I bought on here and it's a 1.5" gun all day.. I have a NEW out of the box 7mm08 PH that shoots 3"-5"groups. It's fixing to get a make over..

Go here for anything you need to fine tune these guns.. A lot of good info here..

Comment

Working...
                          X