Emotional support animals.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
    I'd be interested to know how a dog detects DVT's?
    By smell I believe.

Comment

Do y’all remember the lady who tried to fly with her emotional support duck? It didn’t fly over too well with the airline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
        what if its the dog thats depressed and needs constant companionship... would you have to wear the vest?
        We have the most needy dog (Golden Retriever) I have ever seen! When we are home she wants to lay touching someone’s foot if possible! I have often wondered if we are her “emotional support people”

Comment

Originally posted by boh347 View Post
          By smell I believe.
          I'm skeptical. My minor knowledge of dvt's (I've been screened for them and my dad has had them) tells me that isn't likely.

I've looked all over online trying to find out how they could do it and the only thing I have found are the forum post linked above.

Comment

Originally posted by Double-O-Dave View Post
            Good question, and thank you for your very courteous way of asking it.

My wife and I are also animal lovers and share our home with both dogs and a cat. We're also nurses, though I'm retired from the field, so health and sanitation are second nature to us. Of that small group, the dog was the best behaved. Quite honestly, the young hipster couple got on both of our nerves pretty early. They were talking loudly, and were feeding each other with bites of food, and then leaning over and kissing each other on the mouths - you know, typical ways that people are supposed to behave in a restaurant. The older lady was talking while all this was going on, and also feeding the little dog.

Frankly, I was hoping the manager would either reseat us - which I don't think was a possibility as they were very busy, or tell the people with the dog to leave. No excuses, but maybe I was having a bad day. No, that's not true. It was because: 1) the dog's owners irritated me, which drew my attention to their 2) having a dog at a table in a restaurant (sanitation issue), and sauce for the goose was learning the dog was a "service animal", and the owners were gaming the system.

My wife and I are experienced with people who have true service dogs, and the dogs are trained to behave in public restaurants by laying quietly at their owner's feet. Additionally, my wife is originally from Germany where dogs are allowed in restaurants. The dogs are trained to sit under the chair or table occupied by their owner, and I've never seen or heard of any untoward incidents. A bit different though in that in Germany it allowed under their health codes.

I hope this answers your question and satiates your curiosity. No offense taken here, and I hope you are not offended by my explanation.

Thank you and best regards,

Dave

Makes perfect sense to me. [emoji106]

Comment

Originally posted by Gbird View Post
              Do y’all remember the lady who tried to fly with her emotional support duck? It didn’t fly over too well with the airline.

I saw a video yesterday of a lady flying with her support turkey. Was pretty funny to see it walk through the metal detector.

I heard a dog barking non stop in Lowes yesterday. When I finally saw it there were two kids, probably 9 and 6, walking two big dogs around. Didn't see any adults in the area. I was hoping the other guy I saw walking his dog on the other side of the store didn't venture that way.

Comment

My wife is an apartment mgr and the BS tenants go online to some quack and get a certificate for a little cash and their compliant, their researching a way around it here,Total BS

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                  ESA
                  99% pure BS. We Americans have it so good we have to create problems to treat.

Agreed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter94 View Post
                    Let me preface this by saying I am a dog owner and we’re currently in Port A at a pet friendly condo with said dogs. I would never take a dog into a restaurant although my wife probably would like to. That being said, if the dog was sitting quietly and not bothering anyone, why get the manager involved? Honest question and not trying to stir anything up. Is it a cleanliness or sanitary issue? Against that restaurant’s rules? Just curious.

Not answering for the poster you questioned but my response is yes. There’s a reason it’s against health code.

I don’t let my dogs beg at the table at home so I sure don’t want to have to deal with it in public.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

1. Cats, turkeys, ducks, etc. are not covered by ADA. Dogs only.

2. I don't think emotional support animals of any kind aren't covered by ADA. Dogs must be trained to perform a task for the disabled person. Licking your hand aint a task.

3. I will shoot a support dog in the face just as quickly as I will a mutt. I might get bit, but that will just be the beginning of the story, not the end.

4. People are freaking crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                        1. Cats, turkeys, ducks, etc. are not covered by ADA. Dogs only.

2. I don't think emotional support animals of any kind aren't covered by ADA. Dogs must be trained to perform a task for the disabled person. Licking your hand aint a task.

3. I will shoot a support dog in the face just as quickly as I will a mutt. I might get bit, but that will just be the beginning of the story, not the end.

4. People are freaking crazy.

Amen to that!

Comment

Be a mistake to let your dog bite me in a public place.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

ESA can be excluded from places that legitimate service dogs cant.

And anyone who has a legitimate ESA or service animal they won't let it run around or cause problems.

Comment

Working...
                            X