D.A.I.R. 380 Travel League?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

D.A.I.R. 380 Travel League?

We have been shooting the ASA D.A.I.R. 380 in Snyder for the past two years and having a great time with it. We have a handfull of regulars that would like to start a area league with neighboring towns. If you or your club is within 150 miles of Snyder (79549) then give me a call or email and lets talk.
    Here's the way I think it "could" work. Once a month everyone travels to League night at the host town and shoot ten ends for score, someone or two keeps a spreadsheet with the results. We can have individual, team, etc. Each host club should receive a small % of the entry fees (paid per shoot) and the rest we could give to some agreed on charity. Im sure this has been done somewhere along the way but nothing I know of out here in the West.
    Gary Poe
    Snyder, TX
    325-207-6528
    glpoe1@yahoo.com (prefered)

Abilene
    Lubbock
    San Angelo
    Sweetwater
    Hamlin
    Stamford
    Big Spring
    Midland
    Odessa

Ttt

Comment

Sounds like a great idea !!!

Comment

I will get with the guys at Lubbock Indoor. I bet they would be interested once they get moved to their new location.

Comment

Originally posted by Lowe View Post
          I will get with the guys at Lubbock Indoor. I bet they would be interested once they get moved to their new location.
          Thanks for the feed back. If we can get this started it can be a lot of fun. I am hoping to keep it simple and try to keep the number of different classes down.
          Gary Poe
          Deep Creek Archers

Comment

Here is what we need to do. You guys have a group in West Texas. The guys and girls down in Bryan are running a ASA indoor league. Lubbock is interested. I know I can get one started in the DFW metroplex (we have ran one on the past here). I can probably get a few shooters in San Angelo and a few in Boerne. We can probably gets some shooters from the Canton/Tyler area as well. We can run a virtual league statewide from multiple locations and post the results on the ASA Facebook page. The shoots do not even have to be on the same night. Or we could just have some individual tournaments and a state championship

We are all shooting the same target at the same distance. All we have to do is all use the same classes.

When we designed the game we simplified defined the classes as:

Men's Open
            Men's Pins
            Women's Open
            Women's Pins
            Senior (50 and older) we could add Sr. Pins
            Traditional
            Youth
            Eagles

ASA has planned to do this type of an indoor event on a national level. Since we lead the nation in ASA 3D attendance we might as well just get it started here in Texas.

I think it would be good to start around November 1 with the league or tournaments culminating with a state Championship in early January.

I have an entry fee/payback schedule we can use as well.

What do y'all think ??

Comment

I am all in Mike and would be glad to assist in any way. I realize numbers are low in the Limited class but could a class be considered?

I will get with Lubbock Indoor and the shops in Amarillo as well on the proposed dates.

Comment

Gary are you shooting the Lubbock shoot next week? If so maybe you and I can visit.

Comment

OH, Wow, I am in and I know about 6 to 8 here in Snyder who would love to do this. I cannot make the LBB shoot "again" this coming weekend. I know a couple of guys who will be shooting in this virtual travel league that will be in LBB for the shoot.
                  Arrowsmith, I checked the ASA sight today for definitions on the different classes and I didn't find specifics. Can you direct me, I know they are there just didn't find it. I will pass this information along to our group here in Snyder.

Comment

Working...
                  X