Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guys in extreme NE TX, what are y'all planting this fall?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys in extreme NE TX, what are y'all planting this fall?

We planted a mix if AWP, cow peas, wheat and oats last year. Everything came up well, but never really saw any good bucks eating in the fields. I saw all the bucks I saw in the woods 200-300 yards from the nearest plot. Mind you we only own 38 acres. We planted almost 3 last year. Before my FIL passed away he planted strictly wheat and saw and killed legal bucks in the fields every year. Should we plant just wheat? What are y'all doing out there? I know there's not much I can do with that small of a property but I want to sway the odds my way as much as I can.

I like the mix myself. I will have standing corn, wheat, oats, clover, and winter peas. I plant them in separate plots instead of mixing them all together. Well winter peas are mixed with the oats...

Comment

I had 200 acre wheat field around my 32 acre place. We planted 30 acres in oats... Every deer in the area was on the oats daily. I'd see 15-20 deer every afternoon I hunted, and I use to NEVER see deer there. They chose oats over wheat.

Comment

Working...
      X