Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Deer on Cam (age?)

Hey guys,

I need a little help here. Well, for one, my FIL's spouse needs to stop posting pictures of trail camera deer and saying stuff like, 'I'll kill anyone who shoots this deer!' because I will, and she wont. And other people who put no work or effort into the property only have one available way to come hunt - use my stands.

Anyway, rant over.

Point is; I've been keeping an eye on a particular buck for the last two years. He's young(ish) and shows a lot of promise and seems to be wily enough to not get himself killed. He's also got a few scraggly brothers that don't look like much that I'm trying to weed out. This is him:

Looks good, right? I was hoping to hit him with the Canon on opener if I didn't see one of the others. No dice. But, I get home from the weekend and a new deer shows up on a different cam (don't know where, FIL's spouse wont tell me) and he's a bruiser. I just want to make sure with a different set of unbiased eyes that I'm not nuts. This guy is a DIFFERENT deer than the younger one, right?

What do you put him at, age-wise?

Thanks,
    -LaS

Absolutely a different deer. Look at the brows. And he looks older to me. But I'm not expert. Nice deer

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Different deer. 1st buck is 3-4. 2nd buck is mature.

Comment

Most definitely a different deer. I say 2nd deer is 4.5

Comment

Originally posted by BolilloLoco View Post
          Different deer. 1st buck is 3-4. 2nd buck is mature.
          Agree

Comment

totally different. Top one is prolly 2.5

Bottom is 4.5 or possibly 5.5

Comment

Different no doubt! Top 3.5 Bottom mature 5.5+

Comment

Working...
              X