Any Mule Deer??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Mule Deer??

I was curious if there is any public land available to hunt for mule deer. . .

Lake Merideth WMA in Fritch tx.
    If you look alittle farther down there is a thread for merideth!!

Comment

Originally posted by txbowhunter31 View Post
      Lake Merideth WMA in Fritch tx.
      If you look alittle farther down there is a thread for merideth!!
      x2

Comment

thanks

Comment

Depends on your deer density. Some places I hunt peas will last nearly all summer with plots smaller than yours. Some places they’re gone in six weeks. Depending on your soil tests, I like buckwheat for a first time crop. It grows quickly, it’s not as finicky about ph, makes a good weed suppressor, adds organic matter, and the deer will eat it, at least “mine” do. If you get the rainfall you’ll get a double crop out of it as it goes to seed quickly and they will germinate on their own. It is not a cyperkat t-shirt as IC peas though, but may be better in the long run before your soil amendments kick in.

Comment

Originally posted by cyperkat View Post
            depends on your deer density. Some places i hunt peas will last nearly all summer with plots smaller than yours. Some places they’re gone in six weeks. Depending on your soil tests, i like buckwheat for a first time crop. It grows quickly, it’s not as finicky about ph, makes a good weed suppressor, adds organic matter, and the deer will eat it, at least “mine” do. If you get the rainfall you’ll get a double crop out of it as it goes to seed quickly and they will germinate on their own. It is not a cyperkat t-shirt as ic peas though, but may be better in the long run before your soil amendments kick in.
            what???

Comment

x2 for sure

Comment

Working...
              X