Draw Hunt ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Draw Hunt ?

Can you win multiple hunts in the same category in the same year? Thanks guys.

Originally posted by Ungawa View Post
    Can you win multiple hunts in the same category in the same year? Thanks guys.
    No, you can only win one, which zeros out your points for that category. You used to only be able to apply for one hunt per category, but they changed that some years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by 44mAG View Post
      No, you can only win one, which zeros out your points for that category. You used to only be able to apply for one hunt per category, but they changed that some years ago.
      Oh yes I remember back when they changed it from you can only enter once per category to multiple entries. I think it was about the time the draw went on-line. Thanks for the response.

Comment

I believe you can win multiple hunts in the same category. I was drawn for 2 hunts in the mgmt buck hunt category two years ago. They were at different times and I was able to buy permits and attend both hunts. Also had one of my kids win 2 Antlerless youth hunts in the same season, i believe it was the year they went to allowing multiple applications per category. I looked online but don’t see in the rules where it is clarified.

Comment

Yes you can.

Comment

Good deal. I entered multiple times in each category.

Comment

Originally posted by WinslowBoy View Post
              I believe you can win multiple hunts in the same category. I was drawn for 2 hunts in the mgmt buck hunt category two years ago. They were at different times and I was able to buy permits and attend both hunts. Also had one of my kids win 2 Antlerless youth hunts in the same season, i believe it was the year they went to allowing multiple applications per category. I looked online but don’t see in the rules where it is clarified.

Very interesting. I assumed that when your name got drawn once, your other applications in the same category got disqualified. This is good to know that you can get drawn for multiple hunts.

It is true however that if you apply for 5 different hunts, and you get drawn for only one, you go to zero points for the category.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

this may be how it works but idk for sure...

Your first year to apply you have 1 point/1 entry into the drawing. If you have accumulated 8 points and apply for 5 hunts in one category, when you get drawn for the first hunt in that category you may drop down to only 1 point for the remaining entries in the category that year. So you can still get drawn for a 2nd hunt in the same category but the odds are much lower than they were getting drawn for the first hunt.

Comment

If you have points built up and you apply for multiple hunts within a category, you can be drawn for more than 1 hunt in that category and you have the same point advantage for each of the draws, even after drawn for a hunt. You're points are not reset when drawn until after all of the hunts in that category are drawn.

Comment

From TPWD employee I know: Your Loyalty Points reset AFTER all drawings have been completed at the end of the year. Remember, these are called "loyalty" points, not preference points like other states. You do not build up preference until you eventually get drawn. Basically, the number of points in a category you have is equal to the number of times your application gets put into the system for that category.

Example: I have 5 loyalty points in Gun Deer - Either Sex. I apply for 4 hunts in that category. The application with my name on it goes into the computer 5 times for EACH hunt in that category. Computer randomly draws applications. If I manage to draw one (or more) of the hunts, my loyalty points reset to zero after the draw for all hunts in that category for the following year. Not after I win one. If i don't get drawn for any hunts, I gain another loyalty point for next year.

Comment

From TPWD employee I know: Your Loyalty Points reset AFTER all drawings have been completed at the end of the year. Remember, these are called "loyalty" points, not preference points like other states. You do not build up preference until you eventually get drawn. Basically, the number of points in a category you have is equal to the number of times your application gets put into the system for that category.

Example: I have 5 loyalty points in Gun Deer - Either Sex. I apply for 4 hunts in that category. The application with my name on it goes into the computer 5 times for EACH hunt in that category. Computer randomly draws applications. If I manage to draw one (or more) of the hunts, my loyalty points reset to zero after the draw for all hunts in that category for the following year. Not after I win one. If i don't get drawn for any hunts, I gain another loyalty point for next year.
                      good explanation.

Comment

Yep. Drew three Antlerless hunts year before last.

Comment

This needs to be made into a sticky!!

Comment

yessir

Comment

Working...
                            X