Lawn Mower: best bang for the buck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lawn Mower: best bang for the buck?

What's the best value in lawn mowers? I'm looking for a new push mower for a small city sized yard.

I've been happy with my Honda self propelled, it usually starts on the first pull. $400 at home depot if I remember correctly. It sat under water for 6 days during Harvey and runs just fine now. Its also survived alot of abuse at the deer lease mowing mesquite and cactus.

Comment

Originally posted by rtjh View Post
      I've been happy with my Honda self propelled, it usually starts on the first pull. $400 at home depot if I remember correctly. It sat under water for 6 days during Harvey and runs just fine now. Its also survived alot of abuse at the deer lease mowing mesquite and cactus.
      This

Comment

What they said ^^^

Comment

Originally posted by rtjh View Post
          That's pretty dang impressive!
          I have a self propelled Toro that was a gift when I bought my first home 15 years ago. That **** thing will start on the second pull after sitting all year every time. I have never done anything to it other than add fuel and bang the air filter once. I do not know if its a fluke or not but I continue to use it when I mow just to see. Its about 100$ cheaper than the Honda. The Honda listed above is probably the smarter play.

Comment

Honda

Comment

30" > 21" :d
              Last edited by jlinville; 03-05-2018, 02:50 PM.

Comment

I just bought a honda 2 weeks ago and like it alot so far. Cuts nice a smooth. I bought it from home depot for $464 with taxes and then noticed that Northern Tool had them for $399+ tax. Took the receipt back to home depot and not only did they honor the Northern price, they gave me a additional 10%, so it saved me a total of $76.

Comment

I'm a Honda fan too.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                    What's the best value in lawn mowers? I'm looking for a new push mower for a small city sized yard.
                    Unquestionably the best bang for the buck is a used mower in good condition.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                      Unquestionably the best bang for the buck is a used mower in good condition.
                      This. And I'd add that depending on how small/steep the yard really is I find self propelled a lot more annoying than helpful. Rather get a bigger deck

Comment

Have the Honda self propelled, love it.

Comment

I think Toro uses a Honda engine?
                          Never have had a problem with my 7 year old $200 Toro from Lowes.
                          My only advise it get a self propelled whatever you buy.
                          God bless!
                          Semper fi.

Comment

Honda.....

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X