No announcement yet.

Outfitter will not return our deposit on a hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The outfitter needs a visit from your friends "Vinny" and "Tony", I'd bet he'll come around to your way of thinking.

Comment

I know some folks in Iraan I can make some calls! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by tex4k View Post
        The outfitter needs a visit from your friends "Vinny" and "Tony", I'd bet he'll come around to your way of thinking.
        Or that guy "Bernie... A Dell" that is

OP it sounds like the cheapest way to go about it would be try to apply the deposit for next year or ask him for the option to sell the hunt for him since you say he's not motivated. Last resort will be small claims court as you know and not always a guarantee you'll be immediately paid.
        Good luck which ever path you take.

Comment

You lost me at outfitter, they're always good till they're not.....

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMan2004 View Post
            Wife got pregnant so we contacted them. They gave us one year for a raincheck. Next year my wife was pregnant so we forfeited the deposit.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMan2004 View Post
              Depends on what was agreed upon. Deposits are usually not refundable no matter how far out you cancel. My guess without looking at any actual contract is that the 60 day cancellation policy is for the remainder of the payment, not the deposit.

I’d say ask if he’ll raincheck you for next year. If he aint playing ball you may be out of luck.

My wife and I booked a hiking trip once and put down the deposit. Wife got pregnant so we contacted them. They gave us one year for a raincheck. Next year my wife was pregnant so we forfeited the deposit.
              Dang boy.

Comment

can the hunt be rescheduled?

Comment

Who's the outfitter? I want to look up his website.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                    I’m no bottom feeding, egg sucking lawyer , but I believe the jurisdiction would be in the county that the transaction took place...where you sent the money and where he deposited it and lives.
                    I sued a taxidermist one time and the JP here heard the case as we were setting up the transaction through e-mails.

Comment

Pilar- I have been told many courts over the years that I would not be there to testify and was unavailable. I have done it several times with the victim without a heartbeat anymore. The court always found a way to reschedule when I would be available. Why not just contact the prosecutor and tell them you are unavailable

Comment

How much is the total price of the hunt. Try and sell it get your money back or at least part of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                          Dang boy.
                          I had one trip to the man doctor and a weekend on the couch and now we’ll be able to take that trip in about 15 years

Comment

Man that suxs, hope something is able to be worked out for ya.

Comment

If you can’t reschedule the court hearing or the hunt, to me the only option is to try to sell. Going to court over 3k seems like it would be a diminished return.

Comment

Not a lawyer...didnt stay in a holiday express, ...and really wasnt payin much attention when matlock was on the air...
                                I wasnt aware a witness...could be forced to testify...especially if that witness has a conflict in his schedule... i would think the prosecutor would do everything in his power to work with someone that is beneficial to him winning his case...
                                seems forcing someone that could just as easily say..i dont remember...wouldnt be in his case's best interest... not that you would do that... just sayin..

Comment

Working...
                                X