No announcement yet.

Bitcoin...Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Senate Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs Committee held a hearing onvirtual currencies. The chairs of the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) testified on their agencies' oversight and regulatory actions thus far, as well as what they thought should be a broader coordinated effort by federal agencies to monitor and regulate these currencies, including Bitcoin, and educate the public and investors about potential associated risks.

Live now...

Comment

Interesting Article in NY Times

“Cryptocurrencies are almost a perfect vehicle for scams,” said Kevin Werbach, a professor at University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School. “The combination of credulous buyers and low barriers for scammers were bound to lead to a high level of fraud, if and when the money involved got large. The fact that the money got huge almost overnight, before there were good regulatory or even self-regulatory models in place, made the problem acute.”

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
        I don’t think Buffet owns crypto.

Comment

Originally posted by In-Yo-Grill View Post
          Did anyone pick up more Tron when it hit $.02...?

Nope

Skinny

Comment

I never got the tron, even my .47 ripple is not looking good these days.

HODL is now a necessity, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by In-Yo-Grill View Post
              Did anyone pick up more Tron when it hit $.02...?
              no, still waiting on litecoin to drop more before i pick up some and exchange it over to tron. might end up with 100k tron before long at these prices.

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
                Nope

Skinny
                Me neither. Just feels like ole Justin Sun isn't living up to the hype he's putting out for his coin. Looking for more results until I pour any more money into his cause.

On the other hand companies like Kyber are meeting projected goals and starting to come to life.

Comment

Originally posted by topshot View Post
                  no, still waiting on litecoin to drop more before i pick up some and exchange it over to tron. might end up with 100k tron before long at these prices.
                  What are you waiting for it to get down to? It was at almost $100 not too long ago.

Comment

If tron dropped to a penny, I’d buy 30K more. That would be a great buy to dollar cost average. I think. [emoji12]

I bought more Neo during this dip to dollar cost average.

I feel pretty good about my portfolio right now. I’m only using Binance at the moment, so I might be missing out on some other coins on different exchanges, but oh well. My head hurts. [emoji12]

Skinny

Comment

Arrrrrrrgh.

Can't decide if I should put more cash in or not.

Comment

Also I’m starting to wonder is holding a bag of tron is smart. 10 year project? Man I could prolly turn my tron bag into some gains over the next 10 years. Hmmm. Kinda hard to decide what to do. I think if tron gets back up to my buy in price, I might dump it...then reinvest when tron actually starts doing something worthwhile.

Skinny

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
                          Also I’m starting to wonder is holding a bag of tron is smart. 10 year project? Man I could prolly turn my tron bag into some gains over the next 10 years. Hmmm. Kinda hard to decide what to do. I think if tron gets back up to my buy in price, I might dump it...then reinvest when tron actually starts doing something worthwhile.

Skinny
                          My thinking as well.

Comment

I heard on the morning news because Bitcoin has dropped so low big banks (PMorgan Chase, Bank of America, Citi and Capital One) are not allowing their customers to buy it with cards sponsored by them.

Similar info below.

Coinbase has confirmed that users from four banks in the U.S. are now barred from buying cryptocurrencies using credit cards.
                            Last edited by justintyme8303; 02-06-2018, 10:55 AM.

Comment

I think banks not allowing credit cards is good. I’m sure there are folks out there in some serious credit card debt because of crypto...and more than likely, a majority of what they invested is gone.

Pretty sure you can’t buy lotto tickets with credit cards. Prolly can’t slap your credit card down at the blackjack table either. I see no difference here I reckon.

Maybe someone has a different point of view, but gambling with credit doesn’t sound too smart to me!

Skinny

Comment

Who tuned into the Committee on Banking Housing and Urban Affairs' hearing this morning? Felt very positive for Bitcoin regarding long term regulations. The chairmen of the SEC and CFTC (especially CFTC chairmen) were talking like BTC is here to stay.

ICOs are about to get the ever living snot kicked out of them by the SEC. SEC chairmen stated that ICOs are definitely securities. Bad bad news for alts.

Comment

Working...
                                X