Anyone on a Ketogenic Diet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
    Going to be interesting but I am going to make some tacos I found some jicama tortillas chicken flautas are on the menu boys
    Let us know how they turn out!

Comment

I ate chips and pork sliders during the super bowl yesterday, really regretting that today!

Comment

Originally posted by Snacks View Post
        I ate chips and pork sliders during the super bowl yesterday, really regretting that today!
        Fagetaboutit. Get back on that horse.

Comment

MCT oil vs. coconut oil

I know what Google and companies selling MCT say, have any of you guys switched and noticed difference?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by lwelch70 View Post
            MCT oil vs. coconut oil

I know what Google and companies selling MCT say, have any of you guys switched and noticed difference?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
            I haven’t noticed a difference in fat loss.. Except, MCT oil reacts with styrofoam cups. So don’t use them for coffee. And, some folks get bubble guts from MCT oil and some don’t. I get it off and on.

Comment

I've gotten lazy on the Keto Pizza. I like the fat head dough but sometimes just don't want to make it so I improvised.

Just get you an oven safe bowl and layer the pizza ingredients:

Mozz
              Pepp
              Rao's Sauce
              Banana pepper/jalepenos
              Mozz
              Pepp
              Rao's Sauce
              Jalepenos
              Mozz
              Parm

In a 350 oven for 5-8 minutes, then broil for 1-2 to crips up the top. Put a little ranch on that bad boy and BAM. Good STuff

Comment

My wife cooked a noodle-less lasagna last night and it was fantastic! Down 40 lbs in 2.5 months. We also do a crust-less quiche with ham, eggs and cheese that is very good.

Comment

wife started keto about a week ago, she is dropping about 0.8 lb per day. I've been slack on jumping in with both feet; I think I should just go with it and see how it plays out for the next couple months.

I want to lose 20 lbs to get back to 160's

Comment

Originally posted by topshot View Post
                    wife started keto about a week ago, she is dropping about 0.8 lb per day. I've been slack on jumping in with both feet; I think I should just go with it and see how it plays out for the next couple months.

It takes commitment, but it shouldn't be too hard to lose 20lbs.
                    Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by IDFWU View Post
                      I've gotten lazy on the Keto Pizza. I like the fat head dough but sometimes just don't want to make it so I improvised.

Just get you an oven safe bowl and layer the pizza ingredients:

Mozz
                      Pepp
                      Rao's Sauce
                      Banana pepper/jalepenos
                      Mozz
                      Pepp
                      Rao's Sauce
                      Jalepenos
                      Mozz
                      Parm

In a 350 oven for 5-8 minutes, then broil for 1-2 to crips up the top. Put a little ranch on that bad boy and BAM. Good STuff

I'm even lazier. I just put Mozz in a bowl. Melt it in the microwave, top with Pepperoni's and put it back in for another 20-30 sec.

Originally posted by topshot View Post

Originally posted by Snacks View Post
                      It takes commitment, but it shouldn't be too hard to lose 20lbs.
                      Good luck!
                      20 lbs shouldn't be difficult. 1st 10 lbs will be mostly water and come off real fast. Give Keto a solid 4 month try. You'll be surprised at how much better you feel. You will also need to realize, when and if you go back to a normal type of diet, you'll put on a bunch of water weight in the 1st couple of days.

Comment

Question, anyone in ketosis had the flu? Wondering if the fact we are low on fluids at the cell level makes it worst when you get the flu and cant hold down fluids?

Comment

Originally posted by coop2564 View Post
                          Question, anyone in ketosis had the flu? Wondering if the fact we are low on fluids at the cell level makes it worst when you get the flu and cant hold down fluids?
                          I'm interested in this as well.
                          I've been having flu like symptoms for the past few days, but have been taking it easy trying and drinking 4000+ Mg of Vitamin C a day to try and stave it off.

Comment

Originally posted by coop2564 View Post
                            Have not had the flu but I never stay on keto when sick. I always struggle keeping electrolytes up on keto and when you are sick, that can be huge. Get a cold and I'm guzzling regular leaded Gatorade and chicken soup

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
                              Have not had the flu but I never stay on keto when sick. I always struggle keeping electrolytes up on keto and when you are sick, that can be huge. Get a cold and I'm guzzling regular leaded Gatorade and chicken soup
                              But if you had the flu you wouldnt be able to hold them down. I could see it getting dangerous much more quickly than a person not in Keto when it hit?
                              Last edited by coop2564; 02-07-2018, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Been feeling a little bloated lately, not sure why. Maybe it's becaused I stopped my fiber tabs. I have since restarted them 2 days ago. Going to eat some sauerkraut today to see if it'll help move things along and pull some fluid off.

Comment

Working...
                                X