Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Binocular Comparison (Leica, Swarovski, Vortex)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Binocular Comparison (Leica, Swarovski, Vortex)

Any bino experts can give me info on comparing the Leica Ultravid HD, Swarovski EL HD, and the Vortex Fury HD binoculars? I'm either going to buy a pair of the Leica or Swaro's used, or the Vortex Fury brand new.

I've looked through and used the Leica and Swarovski's before, no experience with the Vortex Fury HD binos.

Any advise will be appreciated.

vortex is not in the same league as the other two.

Comment

Originally posted by texas shag View Post
      vortex is not in the same league as the other two.
      X2 ... my Leica's are near 20 yrs old still perfect
      Last edited by stykshooter; 07-31-2017, 04:38 PM.

Comment

had my swaro el for over 10 yrs, best huntn item I ever bought.

Comment

Swaro's or Leica, Vortex a very long distant 3rd, but a heck of a lot of price difference. For low light in the morning or evening or for long periods of looking thru binos on a hunt, the Swaro's or Leica's hands down.
          Best hunting item I have ever bought were a pair of Swaro's 10x42's SLC (early 90's) but they have been upgraded to the newer glass and coverings but I have less than $1000 in them and they allow me to see horns on a whitetail before I can make what they are in low light with the naked eye out of my blind at 20 to 30 yards.

Comment

From what I have researched most people say that vortex isn't much worse than the other two. You'll be able to see a couple of minutes earlier or later. But vortex has a unconditonal warranty where's the other two will only cover manufacturer defects for a limited time. I'm about to buy a pair of vortex razor HDs myself and they are considerably cheaper than the other brands and will last me till I die. 'Assuming vortex doesn't go out of business."

Comment

Originally posted by Etxnoodler View Post
              From what I have researched most people say that vortex isn't much worse than the other two. You'll be able to see a couple of minutes earlier or later. But vortex has a unconditonal warranty where's the other two will only cover manufacturer defects for a limited time. I'm about to buy a pair of vortex razor HDs myself and they are considerably cheaper than the other brands and will last me till I die. 'Assuming vortex doesn't go out of business."
              I don't know about that warranty thing, I have sent my leicas and my Zeis back and never have been charged for anything, I don't know anything about the Vortex except they are about half the price, there has to be a reason for that.

Comment

Price point is about the only argument for vortex. At which point you could opt for other euro brands. You notice the difference when you're behind them from daylight until dark for days on end.

(And trying to look through dirty windows to stay warm...lol)

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
                  I don't know about that warranty thing, I have sent my leicas and my Zeis back and never have been charged for anything, I don't know anything about the Vortex except they are about half the price, there has to be a reason for that.
                  Was it something you broke or a material problem? Looking at a binocular review guide that had everything broken down by brand it said vortex was the only one of the three that covered everything. But it could be wrong I guess.

Comment

I have Swarovski and vortex. Both 10x42.
                    Big difference in quality. If I ever have to replace the Swarovskis, I would look hard at Leica

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Etxnoodler View Post
                      Was it something you broke or a material problem? Looking at a binocular review guide that had everything broken down by brand it said vortex was the only one of the three that covered everything. But it could be wrong I guess.
                      They don't advertise their warranty the same because if you run over them in your truck they won't give you new $2500+ glass. If it's their fault or slight problems from hunting use they will fix it up for you.

Vortex isn't even close to Swarovski and Leica quality. They can still be great if you don't have a use for the others (sitting behind them all day for several days scouting or glassing). If their use will be short hunts or only from a deer stand Vortex could be plenty good

Comment

Originally posted by hchntr View Post
                        I have Swarovski and vortex. Both 10x42.
                        Big difference in quality. If I ever have to replace the Swarovskis, I would look hard at Leica

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Good to know, I figured the same, that Swaro and Leica were in a different league. Just wanted advice from everyone, it's hard to tell when you are looking at them in full light in a Cabelas or Bass Pro store.

Comment

I love the vortex stuff I have but like others have said it isn't in the same league, that's why it isn't in the same price league either. Swaro, zeiss, Steiner or Leica

Comment

If you're a guy that buys a product for its warranty, then by all means Vortex is your Huckleberry.

If you want the best performing glass that's available, then Swarovski ELs it is. Leica is pretty close but I've heard very mixed reviews on their CS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Don't sell Zeiss short in your comparisons. I have had Zeiss for 30 years or so and they are still perfect.

Comment

Working...
                              X