Cedar arrow straightening.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cedar arrow straightening.

I have a question for the trad guys. I bought some 3rivers archery cedar arrows with the feathers, stain,straightening and taper already cut. I've had them for about a year and now some need some straightening they sat in an arrow tube and made a few moves. I'm new to trad shooting and was wondering if they can be straightend after they are stained and assembled. I've always steamed my cedars to straighten them before staining them when I make my own.

Just hand straighten them, I use the palm to remove any imperfections.
    Gettem close as you can, they'll be fine.

Comment

Thank you I was wondering if that was an option didn't want to risk cracking one.

Comment

Originally posted by Greywolf in Hawaii View Post
        Just hand straighten them, I use the palm to remove any imperfections.
        Gettem close as you can, they'll be fine.
        I agree.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

If you see the archer's Paradox the arrow does, You'll wonder why even straighten them at all. They look like slow motion noodles in the air.
            Most are straightened when they are spined, but then again things happen.

Comment

I've always wanted my wooden arrows as straight as I could get them but the truth is that wooden arrows with 5" helical feathers are very forgiving and don't need to be perfect to fly well...

Oh... and never be afraid to break a shaft when straightening... better then, than just as you release... them splinters is tough to remove

Comment

Working...
              X