Youth Rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Youth Rifle

I am currently looking for some suggestions on a youth rifle with interchangeable barrels. I have seen Academy has the Rossi Trifecta which comes with .22, 20 gauge, and .243 barrels. I really like the idea of training them to shoot on the same gun. They shoot a .22 for practice and when they are ready to shoot deer, I can put on the .243 barrel.

I have a H&R Handi-rifle that I originally bought as a 45-70. I replaced the stock with a yourself and sent the receiver off for a 410, 223, and 243 barrel. Best decision I ever made as my kids have loved shooting the 223 and 410 barrels and are now learning to shoot the 243. Last night I sighted in the 243 barrel for my son and it shot subMOA with 100gr Corelokt ammo.

Better hurry though, Remington is shutting down the H&R barrel accessory program, and you won't have this option much longer.

Comment

Never heard of the H&R Handi-rifle. I was looking at the rifle on their website. I do not see a 22 caliber barrel. Do you know if they make one? Does look like a nice gun. I like that they have the synthetic stock, should be much lighter.

Comment

I just got my son an AAC H&R handi rifle in 300 blackout. He already has a nice shotgun to shoot whenever he grows into it. Hoping to get him going this week and in the blind next 2 weekends!!

Comment

I have the same gun you have mentioned. Believe it or not it is very accurate but the trigger sucks. One downside it is very light. Shooting the shotgun yeah it kicks!!! Even for a 20ga. The .243 is not to bad it still has some umph to it but not too bad. My 12yro daughter shoots it. Overall I am happy with it. But if I could buy it again I would go w/ a .223 barrel for the youngsters.

Comment

.300 blackout.

Comment

Working...
            X