Wi-Fi help for metal building

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wi-Fi help for metal building

I am trying to get Wifi inside my metal building to connect with my extender on the back porch of my house. Since I had the metal building spray foamed I can't get any signal inside. If I open the window and stick the wifi router out the window it will pick it up fine. Looking to buy a wifi that has an external antenna that you can run a cable through the wall. Your help??

I have started to look at wifi routers for rv's but not sure the cables can be disconnected and ran through the wall

Comment

The extended or I have in my metal building the antenna will screw off I'm wondering if I can just buy an extension cable to put between the 2

Comment

Originally posted by Krivoman View Post
        The extended or I have in my metal building the antenna will screw off I'm wondering if I can just buy an extension cable to put between the 2
        More than likely you can. Do you have the model number?

Comment

In

Comment

What router and extender are you currently using? How far is the metal building from the porch? how many SF is your house?

Depending on your response, I would consider looking at the Netgear Orbi mesh system. Place 1 Orbi in the spot of your router (it will replace your current router), place the second Orbi on the porch, and the third in the metal building. The Orbi system has a very strong signal and fast throughput. With the Orbi you may not have to hard wire #2 to #3, but if you do they are capable.

Comment

I bought a WiFi antenna on ebay and mounted it to the outside of the shop and then had a wifi extender in the house and it worked ok you could do the same except hook the antenna to the extender instead of the router like I did.

Comment

Can you run a powerline adaptor and then hook another router for the porch out there? I have that same setup in my house and it works great.

Comment

In for info. I want an extender on my back porch and an extender with external antenna for the shop. Seems so easy but can’t find exactly what I need

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Take a look at these, the bank i work for has company lease, both lodge and party barn are metal buildings, our IT dept. set them up and wifi works amazing now that we got these installed. below is from him

"I used Nano Beams from Ubiquiti for the bridge. They’re pretty awesome and they’ll work up to 10 or 15 miles. In the lodge, I just attached a Ubiquiti wifi hotspot to the Nano beam.
                    https://www.ubnt.com/airmax/nanobeam-ac-gen2/ "

Comment

Originally posted by larryz71 View Post
                      What router and extender are you currently using? How far is the metal building from the porch? how many SF is your house?

Depending on your response, I would consider looking at the Netgear Orbi mesh system. Place 1 Orbi in the spot of your router (it will replace your current router), place the second Orbi on the porch, and the third in the metal building. The Orbi system has a very strong signal and fast throughput. With the Orbi you may not have to hard wire #2 to #3, but if you do they are capable.
                      I have a Netgear Extender. My wifi in the house is a 3 channel Net gear that is knew as of last year and is super powerful. using my extender in the shop i do not get a signal unless i open the window and set it outside window. When it is closed it will not grab signal from inside the house. Might by a second extender but it would have to be plugged in right outside house wifi on the porch. can not really get it much closer to my shop. Maybe being outside the house will allow my extender in shop to grab it. I was wrong on my antenna. it does not un screw.

Comment

Working...
                      X