Practice routines?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Practice routines?

What are some of your practice routines? Do yall shoot daily? How many arrows? 3 d targets? Dots? Thanks!!!

Distance judging is just as ,if not more, important than shooting practice. Many bad shots are the result of indecision on yardage and over and under compensation.

Comment

I have a Mckenzie deer that I shoot at almost daily. I hardly ever shoot under 30yds. I shoot three arrows per round at the high 12, low 12, and 14. Shoot at 32yds then 37 yds, 40 yds, 31 yds. kinda like that. Just shoot til I get tired. If you practice a lot from your max distance then when you get a 23 yd target, it gets easy.

Comment

For me:

I train in "some" form everyday of the week.

- I try and shoot Foam at least 2-3 days a week (tournaments count)
        - I shoot spots at least 2 days a week to build confidence. My thought process is that if I can't hit a spot at 20,30,40 yards indoors with lights, no elements, and an easy visual target/spot..no way I'll do it in the woods.
        - Sometimes I just think about archery and punching X's or 12's. I literally take 30 minutes and daydream of winning tournaments and making great shots. It really builds up your mental game.
        - Twice a week I work on building/maintaining shoulder/rotator muscles. Same type of thing you would do in Physical Therapy for an injured shoulder. More in the offseason.
        - Practice further shots than I have to make in a tournament
        - Yardage Estimating

Comment

Thanks for the input guys....great advice!!!!

Comment

do you really want me to tell you how i practice marlon

Comment

I try to shoot every weekend, mostly at 3D targets from 20 yds, 30 yds, 40 yds, and 50 yds. Occasionally we'll try 60 plus yard shots just for fun. I used to shoot almost everyday in back yard but my neighbor complained and local pd told it was illegal down here.

Comment

Good input Troy!

Comment

It's illegal in El Paso? Come on.

Comment

Originally posted by Lonebowyer View Post
                    It's illegal in El Paso? Come on.
                    lol yup, had always done it since I was a kid thinking there was no problem. I think if my neighbor wouldn't have been such a you know what I'd still be doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckpd45 View Post
                      do you really want me to tell you how i practice marlon
                      Not yours maybe sams!!! Lol...

Comment

I shoot every day, even if if it's just 20-30 shots at a backyard bag. I like shoot indoor 5 spot etc, nothing better for identifying/fixing shot form and aiming drills.

When practicing 3D, I "train like I fight"... if it's a no go 14 in competition then I don't try it out just for kicks during practice.

I spend lots of time shooting long distance groups, 50, 60 even 80 yards. Great way to verify tuning and spot form breaks as well as build confidence in your equipment and your own abilities.... not to mention, it's fun.

Comment

I knew we would get great tips on here!!! Thanks everyone!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X