No announcement yet.

Gasoline shortage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just filled up in Montgomery County at a Valero with two other cars there. Every pump was working and paid $2.09 for gas. No problem. Everyone needs to chill....

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
      I was just in a convenience store/gas station near my house and chatted with the middle eastern dude that owns the place - I've known him for a long time. I asked him about the chaos at his pumps today and he started chuckling and said he will sure take the extra business at higher prices but all his gas comes from West Texas somewhere and has been delivered right on time.
      Really? Like from where in west Texas?

Comment

Originally posted by ATControlFreak View Post
        So, I guess I was one of the "idiots" everyone is talking about today. I was in Denton this morning with my wife and family. We left Houston on Tuesday once we had a clear pathway out of town. We spent two days in North Texas to "clear our heads" and count the blessings that were bestowed upon us. Everyone was safe and no damage was done to our home. We needed to get back to Houston to help with the cleanup and to get back to a sense of normalcy. I'm an air traffic controller now, but my previous job was with a petroleum carrier (fuel trucks) . So I have a "better than most" understanding of how this infrastructure works. I filled up both vehicles and also filled cans totally 20 gallons more. We made our way back to Houston this afternoon with all of our "extra" fuel in tow. I now have a reserve should we or any of our friends need it for generators, chain saws, boats, or whatever else is deemed necessary. My point of this long post is that you "Holyer than Thou" types that are jumping to conclusions about the IDIOTS buying up all of your fuel, should consider yoursely lucky that you only have to wait in a long fuel line and don't have to deal with the destruction and total disruption of lives that is happening in my hometown.

Respectfully, The Idiot.
        No sir you are not The Idiot and I pray for you and your family and all those at ground zero so to speak. The idiots are those who aren't directly affected making a panic run, filling up every **** thing they can. In the Hillcountry folks are filling every gas can they own and in some cases barrels. For what? So they can go put it the garage in case of the apocalypse I guess. Folks like you and others along the coast that were hit have every reason.

Comment

So, I guess I was one of the "idiots" everyone is talking about today. I was in Denton this morning with my wife and family. We left Houston on Tuesday once we had a clear pathway out of town. We spent two days in North Texas to "clear our heads" and count the blessings that were bestowed upon us. Everyone was safe and no damage was done to our home. We needed to get back to Houston to help with the cleanup and to get back to a sense of normalcy. I'm an air traffic controller now, but my previous job was with a petroleum carrier (fuel trucks) . So I have a "better than most" understanding of how this infrastructure works. I filled up both vehicles and also filled cans totally 20 gallons more. We made our way back to Houston this afternoon with all of our "extra" fuel in tow. I now have a reserve should we or any of our friends need it for generators, chain saws, boats, or whatever else is deemed necessary. My point of this long post is that you "Holyer than Thou" types that are jumping to conclusions about the IDIOTS buying up all of your fuel, should consider yoursely lucky that you only have to wait in a long fuel line and don't have to deal with the destruction and total disruption of lives that is happening in my hometown.

Respectfully, The Idiot.
          The guy that is loading up all the furniture out of our house in Port Aransas into two trucks filled up another 8 with 150 Gallon diesel tanks this morning in SA... heh

Comment

Every station on 620 by my work in Austin is out. Crazy line @ Costco Cedar Park. I'm not waiting an hour for 15 gallons. Get home to Liberty Hill, one car in front of me at the Corner Store. Picked up some locking gas caps too for both our vehicles. $20 could save $60...
            Last edited by Usdi Yonv; 08-31-2017, 07:36 PM. Reason: punctuation

Comment

Originally posted by Hart8 View Post
              Pretty sure these guys are somewhat to blame..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
              Anyone ask them where they were headed? Houston maybe? Those boats running all over saving people and plucking them out of their flooded homes don't run on wishes and dreams. My point is, that fuel they are "overbuying", maybe for the ultimate cause. Don't rush to judgement.
              Last edited by ATControlFreak; 08-31-2017, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Anyone ask them where they were headed? Houston maybe? Those boats running all over saving people and plucking them out of their flooded homes don't run on wishes and dreams. My point is, that fuel they are "overbuying", maybe for the ultimate cause. Don't rush to judgement.
                The first pic was snapped by a friend of mine,who happened to be in town the same time I was.I saw them as I drove by,and snapped the 2nd pic..I wish what you were saying was true,but you ain't dragging that much fuel to H-Town on that raggedy *** trailer..Filling a tote full of fuel in the bed of a half ton goat...I wish it was going to good use.

Comment

These posts crack me up. We have people on here that collect guns and ammo because of the impending revolution, but get mad that someone stockpiles fuel in an ACTUAL crisis.

Comment

Originally posted by Encinal View Post
                    These posts crack me up. We have people on here that collect guns and ammo because of the impending revolution, but get mad that someone stockpiles fuel in an ACTUAL crisis.
                    Fair enough..
                    Pretty sure our government is not gonna outlaw,or tax fuel to the point only the elite can afford to buy it.

Comment

The first pic was snapped by a friend of mine,who happened to be in town the same time I was.I saw them as I drove by,and snapped the 2nd pic..I wish what you were saying was true,but you ain't dragging that much fuel to H-Town on that raggedy *** trailer..Filling a tote full of fuel in the bed of a half ton goat...I wish it was going to good use.

You're probably right, but the snap judgement of many of these posts sent me over the edge. I normally just sit back and read these type of threads and have a good chuckle. This one hit too close to home. With the added stress this storm has brought, feeling criticized for looking out for the wellbeing of my family was the final straw. Truthfully, I do worry about the "lag" in fuel production that the closing of the refineries will cause. I don't think this will happen in the next week, but I think we'll actually feel it in the coming weeks. Lack of fuel is something that Houston cannot weather if the cleanup and healing is to continue in full swing. I pray this will not come to pass.

Comment

Pretty sure these guys are somewhat to blame..

You have GOT to take care of some of those FB notifications!

Comment

Originally posted by Encinal View Post
                          Aren't they the same people?

Comment

Originally posted by nursejenn View Post
                            You have GOT to take care of some of those FB notifications!
                            Lol,those are jonathan's.I just screen shotted his pic

Comment

Bingo

The logistics of the cleanup and reconstruction, rescue efforts, relief
                              Rely on a steady stream of clean fuel. My wife donated money at work for relief
                              I donate time and money to the San Antonio food bank
                              Without fuel , we can't get to work , no work no money to help people less fortunate than us who were not sparred from the storm
                              I don't mind being inconvenienced, it baffles me to see stay at home moms complaining about inconvenience , or guy's in here worried about going dove hunting.

Comment

What is everybody seeing with diesel? I suspect it should be more plentiful, but never know.

Comment

Working...
                                X