Originally posted by Smart View Post
    No Dutch
    No Ian
    no Prince
    No Mitch
    No Beltran
    No Diekman for half a year minimum

Gonna be interesting
    I truly believe they will miss Ian Desmond. One of my favorites from last year's squad.

Comment

Originally posted by lmartin5 View Post
      I truly believe they will miss Ian Desmond. One of my favorites from last year's squad.
      his second half sucked! We've added some offense. I don't think we'll miss him all that much.

Comment

Still not real fired up about the pitching staff.

I don't like putting a lot of faith in Gomez either...

Having Lucroy for a full year should be a big deal, or I hope it is.

Just have to trust JD, and most of all, Bannister.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Whole lot of big IF'S this year, they have too many holes to fill.. I hope the guys step up that they plug in, but gonna be tough just to compete in our division......

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
            Still not real fired up about the pitching staff.

I don't like putting a lot of faith in Gomez either...

Having Lucroy for a full year should be a big deal, or I hope it is.

Just have to trust JD, and most of all, Bannister.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd feel a lot better with the addition of two proven stud starters. Our starting rotation is shaky at best.

Comment

Yeah, Napoli is handy to have around. Not making predictions, but his teams show up at the world series on a regular basis these days. Like 4 appearances with 3 different teams in the last 7 years. Hope springs eternal!

Comment

2017 Texas Rangers Season Thread!!

Originally posted by knapper View Post
                Whole lot of big IF'S this year, they have too many holes to fill.. I hope the guys step up that they plug in, but gonna be tough just to compete in our division......

Yup.....We had big holes to fill last year and they stepped up. Hopefully Bannister gets the same out of them this year plus we have a few good new guy surprises. [emoji1317]

Comment

Originally posted by rockyraider View Post
                  I'd feel a lot better with the addition of two proven stud starters. Our starting rotation is shaky at best.
                  That's the case for just about every team not named Cubs. I think they'll be alright. I wish Perez was pitching in Surprise instead of the WBC. I liked Gallo's response to the WBC. He said he needed to spend the time with Ranger coaches. I expect good things from DeShields. He supposedly spent the offseason dropping weight and working on his speed, explosiveness, and fielding routes. I'm hoping one of the guys that is almost out of baseball (Hamilton, Loney, etc..) will find something and impress. Should be an interesting season.

Comment

I'm in!!! Go Rangers!!!!

Comment

I'm just ready to watch some games.....this time between football and opening day baseball called basketball sucks.. Luckily college baseball opens soon and I'm hoping to see some good things outta my Longhorns with the new regime. No more Augie ball bunting.

Comment

They are hopeful about the depth in the rotation with the new additions. 9of course there are major question marks there, too.

I think josh will be a very interesting story this spring. He's supposed to be healthy, with a clear mind, and WANTS the 1st base job. For his sake and the Rangers sake I hope he can stay healthy.

Comment

Tuned in.

Comment

Just read this article. Some of these ideas are just plain stupid.

MLB is tinkering too much with rules

(Via Baseball TX)

Comment

I do like the auto intentional walk. I always thought that was ridiculous at the pro level. These are professionals....just go to the base...

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                                I do like the auto intentional walk. I always thought that was ridiculous at the pro level. These are professionals....just go to the base...
                                Or this could happen....
                                [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g90IW7SqTnw"]Tony Pena Fakes Intentional Walk Again! "Houston Astros" "San Francisco Giants" - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Working...
                                X