Mt Evans Mountain Goats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mt Evans Mountain Goats

I was shooting a 400mm 2.8 mounted on a Gitzo tripod. The wind was blowing so hard at 14600 ft. that I had my wife hold on to the tripod to keep it from blowing over while a got off a few shots. It was the last day the road was open for the remainder to the season and I could see why. I don't know what the temp was with the wind chill but you could not keep your hands exposed for more than about 5 minutes.

cool

Comment

Awesome pictures

Comment

Comment

Great Pictures

Comment

Nice shots! First has the best composition. 14600 ft aint messing around! Did you have to hike in or from the road?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
              Nice shots! First has the best composition. 14600 ft aint messing around! Did you have to hike in or from the road?
              Heck I am an old fat guy. Hiked in a few hundred yards from the road. I am telling you the wind was blowing 50+ and I could not get the camera this that monster 400 mm lens and tripod to stay upright. Not to mention that it was freezing. The road up was shut down that afternoon for the remainder of the year. I don't even think it has reopened yet this year.

I usually try and plan my and compose my shots but this was the toughest shooting conditions I have ever encountered. Second worst was chasing Rocky Mountain sheep in Georgetown.

Comment

Very nice.

Comment

Very nice Texun.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Always wanted to go up there and see them in many trips to Denver but never got there for one reason or the other. Thanks for taking us there. Very nice!

Comment

Fantastic! I REALLY want that lens.

Comment

Working...
                        X