Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What year Dodge Mega Cab is considered the best year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What year Dodge Mega Cab is considered the best year?

ISO a used Dodge 4x4 2500 Mega Cab diesel...

Any of you owners have any thoughts on what year is generally considered the best year model....

I had an '06. It had the 5.9L Cummins. Great truck

Comment

07 for the 5.9, 10-12 for non def trucks, after that it doesn't really matter much except for trim levels.

Comment

Most people are going to say the 5.9 diesel which ended in early 07. After 07 the 6.7 began I’ve heard mixed on those.

Comment

Originally posted by KDinTX View Post
          07 for the 5.9, 10-12 for non def trucks, after that it doesn't really matter much except for trim levels.
          yeah...would really love a 12 model

Comment

Well if you buy an auto early or late that is the largest issue .. I own a 11 mega Laramie and love mine Deleted tuned and me I would never own a base trim level . Just me I like the creature comforts inside . I just did the trans in mine and it was not cheap , but every brand has its issues.

I would not buy a 5.9 the 6.7 is a much better engine . I do a fair amount of work on them for others as well they are a great running engine and make great power with mild tunes .

Untitled by GMR Performance, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by KDinTX View Post
              ^^^^
              This, OP.

Had the 5.9, then upgraded into a '10 - I had no idea the increase in creature comforts.

The upgraded Trim level was worth it in the upgrade and I went Laramie to Laramie.
              Last edited by kyleseipp; 12-13-2018, 03:24 PM.

Comment

My buddy had the 05 with the 5.9L Cummins, he loved that thing.

Comment

I'm debating a new megacab 3500 or crew cab so I can get the full bed. If only they had a megacab with 8ft bed. I think you would be happy with any model year.

Comment

I have an 06 with 290k and rough. 7500.00 2wd

Comment

I’ve got a 12 that I bought new. It’s got 73k on it now. EGR crap went out about 66k Miles and it got deleted. It’s been an awesome truck! I love the room. I’ve considered selling to buy a new one but it’s hard to get rid of something that’s working well. I’m sure I’d want too much for it!

Comment

Mine is an '06 and I have no plans of getting rid of it.

Comment

My cousin had a 06 Mega cab with the Hemi and had over 500,000 miles on it and was going strong until Hurricane Harvey flooded it and totaled it while he was in Baytown during the storm. He had the lifetime warranty and made good use of it. They put maybe 5 rear ends in it, alternators, wheel bearings and a few water pumps. He was doing 10,000 mile oil changes with Mobil 1. I think that lifetime warranty is transferable. Look into it if you are buying from original owner. Dang good truck.

Comment

Anything older than '93.

Comment

You scan get away with a lot of activities in the back of those things.

Comment

Working...
                              X