Best mud terrain tire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hammerdown View Post
    I just swapped from Nitto to Toyo, Toyo is sooooo much better.
    same company tires made in the same plant , all the same QC as well .

This is a hot topic funny nothing but the same on the side makes them different ..

I had toyo bought new nitto ridge this go round getting the same wear and traction as the others .

Be aware that some of the less costly tires off brands do not have great load ratings . For me I tow so I wanted a F rating for others it may never be an issue . But put 1400 on the hitch alone, with 10,500 total you had better have a good tire

Comment

Originally posted by HDWRENCH View Post
      same company tires made in the same plant , all the same QC as well .

This is a hot topic funny nothing but the same on the side makes them different ..

I had toyo bought new nitto ridge this go round getting the same wear and traction as the others .

Be aware that some of the less costly tires off brands do not have great load ratings . For me I tow so I wanted a F rating for others it may never be an issue . But put 1400 on the hitch alone, with 10,500 total you had better have a good tire
      I’ve heard this before. I can say that I’ve gotten at least 20,000 more miles out of Toyo open country m/t over the Nitto m/t on the same truck. Maybe I just got a bad set of Nittos, but I’ll stick to Toyo.

Comment

Originally posted by Hix View Post
        Cooper STT Pro
        I run 35x12.50x20 on my F250
        50k plus miles if your rotate regular

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
        This is what I have. 35x12.5x22 I really like them so far. I also had the Toyo MT's before the Coopers. I liked them as well, but I like the coopers better.

Comment

I have the BFG MT KM3 tires. Bought em about 4 months ago. Been very impressed so far. They are pricey, but seem to be a great tire so far

Comment

Thanks for the comments and recommendations. I had my buddy that runs a big mechanics shop in town install a 4.5” lift on my F250. This truck is not my daily driver and use it mostly for hunting trips and towing. I have a company truck that I drive most of the time.

The tires on it now are 34” terra grapplers. Now that it is lifted I’d like to go a little bigger 35”x12.50” and more aggressive.

I could fit 37” tires but would have to go with aftermarket rims and possibly re-gear which I don want to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nitto is trash. anything but Nitto. STT Pros are nice. I run Iron Man for my off roading

Comment

Funny how opinions vary so wildly.

I've run nitto terra grapplers on Tahoe, great tire, a little loud when they wear down. Took that Tahoe through thick black mud in bottom of plowed field and kept chugging, loved performance for an all terrain. Ran a set of trail grapplers after, they performed great, a little louder on road, well over 40k miles on them.

Have nitto ridge grapplers on 2500 with over bc 30k miles, based on wear, should get 30k more. Loudness isnt bad at all. Not a mud tire though.

I wonder how Toyo could be better?

Comment

Boggers or Swampers

Comment

Originally posted by Wits_End View Post
                    Funny how opinions vary so wildly.

I've run nitto terra grapplers on Tahoe, great tire, a little loud when they wear down. Took that Tahoe through thick black mud in bottom of plowed field and kept chugging, loved performance for an all terrain. Ran a set of trail grapplers after, they performed great, a little louder on road, well over 40k miles on them.

Have nitto ridge grapplers on 2500 with over bc 30k miles, based on wear, should get 30k more. Loudness isnt bad at all. Not a mud tire though.

I wonder how Toyo could be better?

Had Nitto MT Toyo MT nitto Ridge I think you can get any tire that is defective . had coopers on another truck they where Ok not in the same level as Nitto or Toyo but its the ford chevy thing .

Good luck for a mud truck buy a very aggressive mud tire , not towing or much street use I do not think I would buy even a top brand tire myself . Buy a china knock off tire and go bogging .

IF its looks and traction then its not a big deal no warranty on the large Mud tires for wear so tat goes out the window

federal atlas I have never bought them but I see them on tons of trucks . I would think the pavement prowlers & mall cruisers are buying for the look .

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                      Boggers or Swampers
                      This^^^

I’m willing to bet this is his daily driver. I doubt he would want the noise and gas mileage would be worse than it already is.

Comment

BFG km3. Freakin awesome tires. Rugged look and quite on the highway

Comment

I don't run MT's any more, but when I did I started with BFG, then Nitto, then two sets of Cooper STT's. Loved the Coopers over the others by far. Quietest and they performed great, and they lasted. The the BFG's seemed to be the toughest.

Comment

I can't speak to the mud terrains, but I made the switch to Cooper last year for all-terrains (AT3s), and I have to say I think they are every bit as good as BFG AT2s in the rock/dirt/gravel/etc and seem to wear much better. Have about 15k miles on them and the still look pretty new. So just throwing up a thumbs up for Cooper.

Comment

Toyo all day long!!!!!

Comment

Hankook or Cooper. ALso discount tire has their own hankook knockoff now that is holding up well at a good price.

Skip the BFGs.

Comment

Working...
                                X