No announcement yet.

Difference between TBH and other forums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That Swampy is pretty good with analysis. Tends to be the off-hand remark that some will seize on to find offense -- where none was intended.

Comment

I read this like they are goals to strive for as a beginner. I don't read these as qualifications. I think that is excellent advice. You aren't telling them that in order to hunt you need to hit a quarter every shot at 20 yards, or have constant 3" groups at 40 yards. Your saying that when you practice you need to set the bar high for yourself in order to push for improvements. People get their feelings hurt because they think you implied that you are a better shot than them.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudshack View Post
        Point taken. Thank you. As I intended it to come across as "surround yourself with people who will push you to be better, IF your goal is to get better." Now that you showed me your point of view of my text, I can see where you are coming from. Funny, thing is, that point of view was the furtherest from my mind. Thank you.
        I’m the world’s worst at not thinking how something I post could be construed as offensive to others. I’m working on it.

Comment

Originally posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
          I can't shoot groups any more it gets to expensive.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
          And this is why “grouping” is over-rated.

Comment

Originally posted by ByronB View Post
            And this is why “grouping” is over-rated.
            ...and why I am an advocate of the uniform distribution theory as applied to archery.

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
              I’m the world’s worst at not thinking how something I post could be construed as offensive to others. I’m working on it.
              Well, this really ****** me off!!!!

Comment

Only people you care about have opinions you care about. :-)

Comment

I tend to agree.
                  What is most important is that first Cold Shot.
                  That's the one and only shot that really count.
                  Originally posted by Rush2Judge View Post
                  ...and why I am an advocate of the uniform distribution theory as applied to archery.

Comment

Hmnnn......................interesting.

Comment

I was on another forum where a new bowhunter was asking for suggestions. When I gave my suggestion, the thread got siderailed with guys bashing me for having an ego and having unachievable expectations from shooting a bow in the back yard. I mean people attached my character. Never had that here on TBH.

What do you think? Below is my exact wording from my suggestion.

"Practice until you are hitting a 3" circle at 40yds consistently. This will make you VERY accurate at typcial archery distances of <30yds. If you shoot with anyone that is happy just to hit a paper plate or a pie plate.....make excuses next time they ask to shoot and go shoot by yourself. If you only have 20yds to shoot.....practice hitting a quarter size dot. "

---------------
                      And here are some of the responses:
                      "If all bowhunters had to have your qualifications to archery hunt there wouldn't be a lot of us. I know a lot of bowhunters and I don't know of one that can consistently hit a quarter size dot at 20 yards much less shoot a group of arrows in a 3 inch circle at 40 yards. And we all consistently kill deer and rarely wound one. "

"Just for the record, and this is what p!ssses me off the worst about internet forums and some of these backyard pros. If you can constantly hit a quarter at 20 yards and your groups are always 3" At 40 you can make a living shooting a bow.

Thing is, the people who make these claims (1) set unreasonable expectations for others who don't know. And, (2) although they may have hit a quarter once at 20 yards or shot a 3" ,group at 40 in their back yard, flat ground, no wind, no pressure, they'd melt like a stick of butter on a hundred degree day if they ever had to prove themselves in front of other people."
                      We need to follow the scientific method here. We need a controlled experiment to know for sure. Start a thread and just copy and paste the above bold and lets see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                        When reading it for the first time the words "make and excuse and go shoot by yourself" jumped out as being a deuche. I'm sure thats what got them riled up.
                        Point taken. Thank you. As I intended it to come across as "surround yourself with people who will push you to be better, IF your goal is to get better." Now that you showed me your point of view of my text, I can see where you are coming from. Funny, thing is, that point of view was the furtherest from my mind. Thank you.

You way you intended it to come across sounds much better. I think that other site has a bunch of guys who shoot 8" groups at 20 yards. They got butt hurt over it.

Comment

I was on another forum where a new bowhunter was asking for suggestions. When I gave my suggestion, the thread got siderailed with guys bashing me for having an ego and having unachievable expectations from shooting a bow in the back yard. I mean people attached my character. Never had that here on TBH.

What do you think? Below is my exact wording from my suggestion.

"Practice until you are hitting a 3" circle at 40yds consistently. This will make you VERY accurate at typcial archery distances of <30yds. If you shoot with anyone that is happy just to hit a paper plate or a pie plate.....make excuses next time they ask to shoot and go shoot by yourself. If you only have 20yds to shoot.....practice hitting a quarter size dot. "

---------------
                          And here are some of the responses:
                          "If all bowhunters had to have your qualifications to archery hunt there wouldn't be a lot of us. I know a lot of bowhunters and I don't know of one that can consistently hit a quarter size dot at 20 yards much less shoot a group of arrows in a 3 inch circle at 40 yards. And we all consistently kill deer and rarely wound one. "

"Just for the record, and this is what p!ssses me off the worst about internet forums and some of these backyard pros. If you can constantly hit a quarter at 20 yards and your groups are always 3" At 40 you can make a living shooting a bow.

Thing is, the people who make these claims (1) set unreasonable expectations for others who don't know. And, (2) although they may have hit a quarter once at 20 yards or shot a 3" ,group at 40 in their back yard, flat ground, no wind, no pressure, they'd melt like a stick of butter on a hundred degree day if they ever had to prove themselves in front of other people."
                          What form was it send me the link I want to go stir the pot

Comment

I ain't mad at ya, and I think those are good goals to strive for... but I kind of agree with the first guy:

Comment

Drop a link to this thread, in that thread

Comment

Did y'all know that you can print a gun?

Comment

Working...
                                X