No announcement yet.

The official Whiskey (bourbon) thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buffalo Trace is very good. Sam Houston is also good.

Comment

Last weekend Costco had a Knob Creek gift pack for $23. It included one 375 ml bottle of their bourbon and one 375 of their rye whiskey. I'm not a big fan of Knob Creek bourbon, but had never had the rye so I grabbed one. The rye is really good. Much better neat than the bourbon. Highly recommended especially if you can find the Costco deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Slow-n-steady View Post
        Way out of my league!
        Way outta my league too! But I have heard of gen going in the $5-$10k range since it is a charity only bottle

Comment

Originally posted by Oldblue View Post
          Buffalo Trace is very good. Sam Houston is also good.
          I haven't tried Sam Houston but Buffalo Trace is one of me favorites.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Picked up some Blantons to test out. Hope it lives up to the reputation and price

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
              Way outta my league too! But I have heard of gen going in the $5-$10k range since it is a charity only bottle
              I don't believe any have fetched that much yet. There are some that might have raised $5k in a raffle.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                Picked up some Blantons to test out. Hope it lives up to the reputation and price
                Let us know how you like it. It's definitely one of my favorites.

Comment

Originally posted by Slow-n-steady View Post
                  Let us know how you like it. It's definitely one of my favorites.
                  It is probably my least favorite from Buffalo Trace.

Comment

Stuck in the hotel lobby and only thing that might have worker was "bullet rye"... if your ever in this situation, try and find the septic sprinklers and drink straight from them. Horrible, taste like a &$@% pickle!

Bout sums up this evening
                    Attached Files

Comment

Stuck in the hotel lobby and only thing that might have worker was "bullet rye"... if your ever in this situation, try and find the septic sprinklers and drink straight from them. Horrible, taste like a &$@% pickle!

Its not THAT bad... that said it isnt even made by bullet. They just bottle it. Regular bullet is ehh...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Dang. That bad huh.

Comment

Originally posted by catslayer View Post
                          Its not THAT bad... that said it isnt even made by bullet. They just bottle it. Regular bullet is ehh...

... they charged me $15 for this drink, lol. I've bought bottle for less that were better. It's that bad. The pickle taste had me confused enough to finish it. Lol
                          I wouldn't buy it if it were $10 a bottle

Comment

Never tasted pickle, dirty glass? Bartender messing with you? 15 dollar is robbery...

The only problem i have is MGP distills it and bullet passes it off like they make it... drives me NUTS

Comment

Originally posted by RJK70 View Post

Going to give this stuff a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's the BEST!

Comment

Originally posted by catslayer View Post
                                Never tasted pickle, dirty glass? Bartender messing with you? 15 dollar is robbery...

The only problem i have is MGP distills it and bullet passes it off like they make it... drives me NUTS

There good whiskey coming out of out MPG. The only problem I have is when companies try to hide that they purchased from them.

Comment

Working...
                                X