Just a few more jobs and I’ll be rich!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a few more jobs and I’ll be rich!

Got my very first paid welding job today. My buddy brought me a broken steering arm from his kid’s go kart. Fixed it up for him good as new. Even though I offered to fix it for free, he insisted that he pay. So, in my first 6 months of learning to weld, I have earned 3 tacos and a coke, LOL.

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
    Got my very first paid welding job today. My buddy brought me a broken steering arm from his kid’s go kart. Fixed it up for him good as new. Even though I offered to fix it for free, he insisted that he pay. So, in my first 6 months of learning to weld, I have earned 3 tacos and a coke, LOL.
    that is a start. You have progressed a long way in 6 months! I have seen way worse my friend!

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
      that is a start. You have progressed a long way in 6 months! I have seen way worse my friend!

I’m afraid I’ve used up your acetylene. I’ll get the bottle swapped for a full one and bring your torch back to you this weekend. Otherwise I may end up going through these bottles too!

As much as I have enjoyed learning welding and metalworking, playing with an oxy-acetylene torch is just freakin cool

Comment

I’m afraid I’ve used up your acetylene. I’ll get the bottle swapped for a full one and bring your torch back to you this weekend. Otherwise I may end up going through these bottles too!

As much as I have enjoyed learning welding and metalworking, playing with an oxy-acetylene torch is just freakin cool
        Lol. Dont worry about it buddy! I told you im in no hurry. I do it all day every day and try not to use it at home when at all possible lol! I know where it is if I need it.

Comment

Now you will have a lot of new friends! Until you need to buy gas, or rods!!

Comment

3 tacos and a coke will keep ya alive, for a little while, if ya earn them every day.

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
            Lol. Dont worry about it buddy! I told you im in no hurry. I do it all day every day and try not to use it at home when at all possible lol! I know where it is if I need it.

I know what ya mean.

Comment

If you think oxy-cetelene is cool. You should try jet arcing. I used to help tear apart burnt up electromagnets (10 ton) and rewind the coils. Jet arcing, what a rush!

Comment

Yea, melting metal with fire is cool. I soldered new wires to the yard feeder motor today[emoji16]

Comment

Working...
                X