Is Trump a Hack?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Trump a Hack?

I have been following the Donald pretty carefully and have been plesantly surprised that he has taken such a conservative stance on controversial issues. Especially since his history isnt very conservative.

I started asking myself if he could actually be president last week. Here is my thought process as it developed. First, If he gets the nomination, he likely cant beat hillary. second, if he doesnt get it, he will run as an independent and cinch it for hillary. Right now, every Republican candidate is running against Trump instead of hillary who is getting a total pass in her most vulnerable time because of trump. Who wins here? Hillary!

Second, the republicans had decided to run against Hillary and not beat each other up like they did in the last two elections which i think is the right way to go. Trump has totally upset that strategy by forcing the other canidateds to counter him and forcing them to speak on issues that are devisive among the republican ranks. Who wins here? Hillary again. She just has to sit back and watch the snakes bite each other.

So the conclusion I come to is that if Trump gets the nomination, Hillary wins. If Trump doesnt get the nomination and he runs as an independent, Hillary wins. If Trump battles all the way through the primaries and doesnt get the nomination and doesnt run as an independent, its likely that the candidate that does get the nod will be beat up so bad that he will be marred for the election anyway. Im sure hillary has thought all his out. It sure reminds me of a Ross Perot run that virtually assured Bill Clinton of victory when otherwise he didnt have a chance. You think that was an accident?

Its going to get interesting this time.

Trump is in Hillary's camp

Comment

I'm not one of the "America is doomed" negative nancies you see on TBH but if Hilary wins...... We are in for a world of hurt

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
        Trump is in Hillary's camp

I wouldn't put it past the Dems to set that up..

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          I wouldn't put it past the Dems to set that up..
          No doubt it happened with Ross perot. I doubt they have forgotten how to play that game since its the same players.

Comment

I think that he wino the nomination he will publicly expose Hillary for who she is, but this country might be crazy enough to still put her in office.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
              No doubt it happened with Ross perot. I doubt they have forgotten how to play that game since its the same players.
              He's so over the top that it almost seems like he's acting.

Comment

Yep, I don't know why people think we have a 2 party system. Have the Republicans fought Obama on any bills or made him veto conservative legislation? They just deliver bills he will sign. The Republican establishment is in O's back or maybe front pocket. That is why all are ganging up on Trump. Quit the pretending and the lip service. May Trump ruin and kill the establishment. That is fine with me. They need to get the heck out of the way because they are not leaders. I want Trump to be only the beginning of the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by 1shot View Post
                  I think that he wino the nomination he will publicly expose Hillary for who she is, but this country might be crazy enough to still put her in office.
                  You got that right--unfortunately. I think there are enough air-headed folks out there who think a woman president would be "like, cool" that it will happen.

Comment

Originally posted by 1shot View Post
                    This is a sad reality.

Comment

I like what he's doing. Forcing issues to be talked about that all the pansy pubs void like the plague. Instead of talking about the issues the pansy pubs cry saying Trump is bad. Lol. Pansies

Trump and Lt Col Allen West

Wake Up Merica

Comment

Trump-mania will pass. His brash style and media bashing has tapped a vein in certain parts of the electorate who are frustrated with illegal immigration and the MSM. His campaign has no legs long term because there is no there, there. He speaks conservatism as a second language and doesn't know what he doesn't know. Watching him lob grenades has been fun, I must admit. I may be wrong but I will be surprised if he follows through with the third party threat. My guess is when he starts lagging in the polls and the media turns their attention elsewhere he will get bored and go on to something else.

Comment

Originally posted by sethcros View Post
                          He's so over the top that it almost seems like he's acting.
                          Telling it like it is (on most issues) is "over the top" ?

Comment

I personally like the guy.

Comment

Trump is an egomaniac Yankee moderate masquerading as a conservative. I agree with your conclusions. But I do think there is a 4th possibility that is best-case scenario.....

For all of Trump's ridiculousness and liberal leanings and flaws, at least he is showing people what it's like to stand up to the liberal media rather than bowing to political correctness. If he continues through the GOP primary and doesn't choose to run as a 3rd party spoiler, and if Walker or Cruz (hopefully) or some other candidate wins the GOP nomination, hopefully they will be emboldened by Trump's example and will be fearless in their campaign against Hillary or whoever in the general election. I think Walker and Cruz already have that fearlessness, but the others in the race would do well to acquire some if they can pull out a victory.

But I fear that Trump's recent popularity is going to prevent his ego from just gracefully riding off into the sunset after he loses the GOP primary. His ego will want to get even with the Republicans, and (at the expense of the nation) he'll run as a 3rd party spoiler. I pray he doesn't, but at this point I'll be surprised if he doesn't.

Comment

Working...
                              X