Swoop 8pt Story Ends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swoop 8pt Story Ends

This buck is the first buck I have taken that I have had a history with. I have been getting game camera pics of this guy for 3 years. The first year I had him at 3.5yrs possibly 4.5yrs old. He was nicknamed the Swoop 8pt because his main beams seemed to turn in out towards the ends and "swoop in and up". I have gotten VERY few pics of him in the daylight almost all were at night. I have had this ghost of a buck on camera at almost all my feeders and at waterings for 3 years. I have never actually laid my eyes on him until Sunday morning. I was out this weekend and all the bucks I had on camera were busted up with broken tines and none of my target bucks were on camera anywhere. So my hopes of getting one of the target bucks intact was pretty diminished. All the ones I saw during sits were limping also. This old ghost now 5.5-6.5yrs old came into water a little before 9am and walked with a limp over to the feeder. I was drawn back and he turned ever so slightly towards me for a quartering to shot. I was leery of the shot but I tucked it in tight into the lower "V" of the shoulder. It was a slowmo shot, I squeezed off the release and saw the fletching spinning flying straight and true and hit right where I was looking. I heard the impact and watched him run into a bunch of sand shinnery oak with the arrow sticking out of his shoulder. He went maybe 80 yds. The 2" swhacker had busted through the shoulder through 2 ribs took out lungs and some heart and lodged into the offside ribs. I was pretty much in disbelief not only that I had actually seen him but managed to harvest him as well. He won't make the shoulder mount wall but he will defiantly be on the Euro wall and bring a big smile to my face and sense of accomplishment to me every time I see him.
    Attached Files

Congrats!

Comment

Congrats on a great buck.

Rwc

Comment

Sweet Congrats

Comment

Nice buck, congrats

Comment

Nice, congrats!

Comment

Congrats on an old bruiser!

Comment

Great deer congrats....Nice bowkill!

Comment

Great looking buck

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Waydago, great buck

Comment

Great deer. Congrats.

Comment

very nice, congrats!!

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Very cool to harvest nice buck you have some history with!

Comment

Working...
                              X