Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to shave weight off a Remington 11-87?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to shave weight off a Remington 11-87?

Love the gun but it's heavy at 8.25 pounds. It's a wood-stock 11-87 sportsman field 12 gauge with a 28" barrel. Aside from swapping for a shorter barrel, how can I make this gun lighter for long days of walking in pheasant/quail country? Is it possible?

Thanks.

Trade it for a Beretta ?

Sorry, I just had to. I had one also and just couldn't stand the weight. It was ok for duck hunting, but just too heavy for clays, quail, or doves. Bought an AL390 years ago and gave the 11-87 to my son. He likes them, but he's a lot younger than me !

Comment

Maybe swap to a synthetic stock kit. I think brownells sells them. It's not going to be nearly as pretty though. I don't really see another way to drop weight, besides stock or barrel. If you did both, it would feel like a whole new gun. Lots of guys run 26 inch tubes for upland. And you can return to factory whenever you want. Keep in mind... less weight = more recoil.

Comment

Originally posted by lungbuster1985 View Post
        Maybe swap to a synthetic stock kit. I think brownells sells them. It's not going to be nearly as pretty though. I don't really see another way to drop weight, besides stock or barrel. If you did both, it would feel like a whole new gun. Lots of guys run 26 inch tubes for upland. And you can return to factory whenever you want. Keep in mind... less weight = more recoil.
        This

Comment

Working...
        X